TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Rocker Moldings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rocker Moldings
    Posted: Nov/11/2017 at 10:14am
Hello all! Don't want to damage anything, how do you remove the rocker moldings? The car is a 1964 Rambler American Wagon. I'd like to know what kind of clips I'm dealing with before going in. Are there bolt clips and spring clips or just spring? How do I get started? Don't want to just start prying on them and they are really tight to the body. Thanks in advance!  Confused

Perk
Americans, 65 Convertible, 64-65 Wagons, 64 220 2Dr, 66 2Dr Hardtop..... They follow me home!!!
graewolf View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2017 at 10:17am
Or maybe studs with barrel clips?
Americans, 65 Convertible, 64-65 Wagons, 64 220 2Dr, 66 2Dr Hardtop..... They follow me home!!!
graewolf View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2017 at 5:50pm
Nobody got a clue huh? Going in tomorrow and try to figure it out. Wish me luck!  

Perk 
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2017 at 6:15pm
If you can't see any screws, lift up on the bottom of the rocker molding with a tapered tool. One of those windshield gasket tools works or you could put tape on a screwdriver.  The bottom of the rocker molding should snap over the clips first.  If you can't see screws and since the back of a rocker panel is inaccessible for bolted clips, you can pretty safely assume that there are front-fastened clips involved, either riveted in place or screwed but concealed.  Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
graewolf View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2017 at 6:25pm
Thanks Pacerman. I'm at that point that I HAVE to try something. Got some plastic molding tools that I'll try first, if not I'll move to a tape covered screwdriver. Also have prybars made for removing plastic push-pins. Just don't want to hurt the chrome moldings. Thanks again.

Perk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic