TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

70 Amx clutch adj.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodhhrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 70 Amx clutch adj.
    Posted: Nov/10/2017 at 8:35pm
According to the 70 TSM, chapter 7 page 3, pedal adjustment. It says to run a 5/16" pin through two aligning holes, adjust until you get through all three holes. Question  is what do you adjust to make this happen? Then go the adjust freeplay after that which I understand with the throwout lever rod. I have never done the pedal adj., maybe it's time after 30 years of owning this car. LOLLOLLOL
Any help? I do expect I will hear some sarcasm on this.Wink
mmaher94087 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmaher94087 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2017 at 9:38am
Rod, make sure the transmission is in neutral. Loosen the adjuster bolts on the shift levers on the tranny. Put a Phillips screw driver through the holes in the pedals if a 5/16" rod is not available. Then tighten the adjuster bolts on the tranny levers. Pull the rod/screw driver and it's done.
Mike
rodhhrod View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodhhrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2017 at 10:03am
I thought that was the procedure for the adjustment on the Hurst shifter itself. Not the pedal adjustment which I assume is different.  
mmaher94087 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmaher94087 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2017 at 10:45am
IIRC, the only pedal that can be adjusted for height is the clutch pedal and that is just a stop with a rubber cap and a lock nut. Align the holes with the rod and screw it up or down to align; tighten the lock nut. Am I missing something?
Mike
rodhhrod View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodhhrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2017 at 10:42am
OK, found the adj. stop nut. But couldn't find the alignment holes that was shown in the 70 TSM, just so happen I have a 69 TSM and looked in there. Much better picture, it looks like I might have a 69 setup, the alignment holes I have are like the ones in the 69 book. I do have a Sept. build car, interesting !.
Any thoughts out there? 
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2017 at 10:57am
Maker sure Scott Campbell knows about that for the next edition of his book.  Big smile  Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic