TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Restoration facts, question and answer. > Part Numbers, AMC Parts ID and cross-references
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Tung-Sol Headlights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ramblerholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tung-Sol Headlights
    Posted: Nov/03/2017 at 6:14pm
What are the correct Tung-Sol headlight bulbs for 68-70 AMX- Javelin
AMX09652 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX09652 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2017 at 6:45pm

1969 BBO AMX 390 4 speed

"Deep in the heart of Texas"

sidewinder View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidewinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2017 at 3:37pm
Actually 6012-S  which are the guard glow lamps.   Earlier they used the regular 6012.  The guard glow were touted to be a safety item because the lamp has an extra filament that glows even if the bulb burns out so the car will still show two headlights .   Its listed in the window sticker as such.  In 71 they went to the 6014 bulb....

Chuck Page
Chuck Page ,AKA Sidewinder
1968 "BLACK CHERRY" Javelin
Previous owner of 2013 Heritage Cup winner 1970 BBO AMX

AMX09652 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX09652 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2017 at 3:51pm
1968 was likely only 6012.  I think Guard glow came out in 1969.

1969 BBO AMX 390 4 speed

"Deep in the heart of Texas"

Ramblerholic View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ramblerholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2017 at 6:44pm
Thanks for all the info Guys!
 I have a pair of NOS Tung- Sol bulbs , they are Vision Aid model 5400. Was hoping they were the right ones.
Iron Mogal View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iron Mogal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2019 at 3:27pm
Hello there! I just know joined this AMC forum, specifically to ask YOU a question: DO YOU STILL HAVE THOSE TUNG-SOL 5400 SEALED BEAM BULBS AND WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN SELLING THEM TO ME?? I’ve been looking all over the dang internet for just one single pair of these for my 1955 Buick and, so far, from what I’ve been able to find, it looks like YOU might be my only hope!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic