TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Cup Holders

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/16/2017 at 6:10pm
interesting & would a console from a old mustang or camaro or corvette etc.. work in the AMC's? My 70 Rebel is column shift & wanting to add a console to it later on.
1964 T bird Landau

2000 Mercedes Benz CLK 430 convertible

1970 AMC Rebel SST Wagon
White70JavelinSST View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2017 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by dkrtgood dkrtgood wrote:

Custom console with 2 cup holders, USB ports and lockable storage....old cars have zero convenience inside....also added a center headliner interior light as the ones in the lower dash and rear sail panels do nothing for the driver or passenger.

I used to get a lot of use out of the light that was under the crash pad in the middle of the dash back when the White70Javelin was my daily driver. 

um..."paradise by the dash board light"LOL
70 Javelin SST, second owner, purchased 1972
raser13 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raser13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2017 at 6:31pm
If you want period correct ones. These are what they would have used originally "back in the day."

cup holders

And they are crazy cheap. I'm going to order these to go in mine. But I just like to be silly.

Edited by raser13 - Nov/17/2017 at 6:34pm
Red20 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2017 at 10:13pm
Yeah I can pick one of those up at the parts store or Walmart automotive section. I had two of them in my 1983 Chevy K10. Love and hate ‘em. Mostly hate.
1969 Javelin SST "Screamin' Banana" - Totaled Feb 2018
1973 Hornet Sportabout X "yellajack" - 360/727/TracLoc DAILY DRIVER
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2017 at 11:41pm
Mine came with 4 EXTREMELY useful cupholders....lol

Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
amcglass View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2017 at 7:09am
and with the way you drive that car Tony ( Like a 85 yr old lady )   you wouldnt spill a drop either....LOL
Just kidding ya buddy   Hope all is well
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin
Red20 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2017 at 11:20am
Originally posted by amxdreamer amxdreamer wrote:

Mine came with 4 EXTREMELY useful cupholders....lol

Wouldn’t work for me, but that’s pretty slick.
1969 Javelin SST "Screamin' Banana" - Totaled Feb 2018
1973 Hornet Sportabout X "yellajack" - 360/727/TracLoc DAILY DRIVER
hassyfoto View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassyfoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/18/2017 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Red20 Red20 wrote:

I guess no one used cup holders in the late 60s as I've rarely seen them from the factory in anything. Anyone have pictures of what they've done to add cup holders in a 69/68 Javelin or AMX? I have one of those crappy little plastic organizer things that just sits in my passenger seat with the seat belt holding it in. I'm thinking of picking up a spare center console and modifying it for cup holders and maybe a USB plug in or something. Not sure yet, just looking for ideas.

Yes we did!  It just didn't come with the car!!!!
Image result for plastic cup holder to hook on door
Murphy's Law:
Any given mechanical job you decide to solve alone will imminently require a third hand, at its most critical moment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic