TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

'70 Gremlin gets new Interior

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fluffy73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2017 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by amcenthusiast amcenthusiast wrote:

Better than ever and it looks so right! Thanks for making me smile and congrats on the neat job so far. That's super cool IMO... I even like the patina of the original paint...

Do you have a problem with water leaking through the fresh air vents onto the front foor boards in a hard rain? I'm thinking some of us could pass around a template to make body color painted magnetic material to cover the cowl vent area when the car is seeing less than everyday use? -just a simple magnetic rectangle like the same material they use for signs on work trucks etc -this would help to keep the cowl area clean also for people who's car suffer being parked near shedding trees...

In the next two years, I hope for that patina to disappear. I've got some minor rust issues to deal with and am probably going to repaint soon.  I'm setting the not-so-unobtainable goal of having the car restored by her 50th birthday.  So, that gives me a little over 2 years.

Yes, I do have the issue you describe that has plagued me for years.  I'm not 100% sure it's my fresh air vents as there's no evidence of water seepage, but I have the rust and soggy carpets that say otherwise.
I am genetically incapable of being Politically Correct.
2beersmaybe3 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2beersmaybe3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2017 at 6:49am
Nice work. Just never know what all it involves until you get going. I have a "few" projects myseof. Some are closer than others but all of them are a "well, of I'm doing that I'd might as well do this, and this too, oh, and that too".

Gremlins are one of those cars that I've always wanted, seen a few for sale, but always bought other cars instead. A friend had a few for sale this summer, so I finally Just went ahead and bought one.

Thanks for sharing with us. Helps keep us others going and your stated timeline helps us "not sure if we can do-ers" see that it doesn't just happen in a few weekends.

Paul Novak
1963 Classic 770 Cross Country
1964 Classic 660 4door
1964 Classic 770 2 door sedan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic