TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > The Member Companies and Products of AMC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Group 19 parts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilotes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Group 19 parts
    Posted: Oct/02/2017 at 8:18pm
Wondering if anyone knows where I could source out correct dual point dist, coil and parts for complete group 19 ignition????
Also looking for a oil filler cap, correct bright finish for 390.
Thanks

Doug
1970390amx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1970390amx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2017 at 11:53pm
Place an add in the wanted section
1970 390 4speed Bittersweet shadow mask AMX
1970 Amx missing most everything, or in a box
amcenthusiast View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcenthusiast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2017 at 10:43pm
It's been a long time since the last time I visited the AMC dealer in my neighborhood ('Memorial AMC' in Houston, Tx.) but since I was such a familiar face, they used to ignore my presence... and I could look through parts books, basically as much as I wanted... the last section, named 'Group 19' was my favorite.

(later on they had their own dealer sponsored RWB drag race AMX named 'Texas X')

If I recall correctly, I think... there were two ignition systems listed in the Group 19 section.

One was a Mallory Dual Point with the rectangular 'Mallory Super Coil'.

The other was a magneto, which was somewhat conventional back then to use on engines that were built to rev past the limits of a dual point... it was a 'distributor type' magneto...

...of course, they will have AMC pn#s on them = GOOD LUCK!

Here's a company who specializes in vintage magnetos (they also make their own gear reduction starter for Rambler V8)

http://www.autoelec.com/html/jeep_amc_327_v8_gear_reduction_starter.html

---------------------------------------------------

Doug and his son Benjamin (Galvin's AMC Rambler Parts) own many sets of original dealership parts books -call him -he loves to 'talk AMC'/both of them are fine people to meet in person

Edited by amcenthusiast - Oct/14/2017 at 10:49pm
443 XRV8 Gremlin YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=2DmFOKRuzUc
XRV8 Race Parts website: http://amcramblermarlin.1colony.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic