TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Electrical - non engine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Tachometer for Clock Delete

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2017 at 9:47pm
Then again using my skills of reading comprehension, I see you got it figured out. Let's see pics!!!
1969 Javelin SST "Screamin' Banana" - Totaled Feb 2018
1973 Hornet Sportabout X "yellajack" - 360/727/TracLoc DAILY DRIVER
Lyle View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2017 at 10:22pm
I would post pictures but I won't use the "cloud" and all the picture share sites are login and ads now (that I'm aware of). So when the forum is updated to add a photograph instead of a hyperlink I'll be glad to add a picture.
Sorry but it does look good except it is only 7000 RPM, I'll never get there so it suits me fine.    
Red20 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2017 at 10:28pm
No worries! I don't blame you. I did hit 7,000 RPM once, but it was an accident. WOT run on a questionable transmission that slipped completely going into 2nd. My eyes went wide as I saw the needle jump past 7k and heard it scream. Lots of lessons learned there. Engine was just fine, but she's not exactly built for that.
1970390amx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1970390amx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2017 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by Lyle Lyle wrote:

I would post pictures but I won't use the "cloud" and all the picture share sites are login and ads now (that I'm aware of). So when the forum is updated to add a photograph instead of a hyperlink I'll be glad to add a picture.
Sorry but it does look good except it is only 7000 RPM, I'll never get there so it suits me fine.    

With the amount of posts you have you can download pictures to the forum and post from the forum
1970 390 4speed Bittersweet shadow mask AMX
1970 Amx missing most everything, or in a box
Lyle View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2017 at 11:06am
Ok I think I have this figured out, The car and the tach.

Red20 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2017 at 11:38am
Hey that looks great! I like the retro 70s look of mine, but that VDO tach looks really good in there. I always liked the simple black/white scheme of most VDO instruments.
bubbarules1958 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubbarules1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2017 at 3:38am
Found this tach on eBay and put him that cluster for my Gremlin.
Went right in with no issues.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic