TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC 6 Cylinder Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Holley Carb air cleaner attachment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raccoonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Holley Carb air cleaner attachment
    Posted: Sep/12/2017 at 3:01pm
I believe my 65 232 has a replacement, later model carb. It has no provision for mounting the air cleaner that I can determine. it has the two "slots" or "ears" either side of the intake horn but they are not drilled for a retainer. It doesn't use the clamp-on style air cleaner like older Falcons did. At present, the air cleaner is just sitting on the carb. I can fabricate a retainer if I can see what one should look like. Too bad one off a Carter 2v won't work; I have a NOS one of those in the shed.
rocklandrambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocklandrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2017 at 3:40pm
Can you provide a picture of the carb you're dealing with?  That might help us come up with a solution.
Past AMC's
1974 Hornet X (new)
1975 Gremlin X (new)
1964 Classic 660 Cross Country
1965 American 440-H
Raccoonman View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raccoonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2017 at 9:25pm
Having trouble loading pics. Anyway, I do see two holes for the bracket, but have no idea what the configuration might be.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic