TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Electrical - non engine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Harness Layout - Gremlin/Hornet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Harness Layout - Gremlin/Hornet
    Posted: Sep/10/2017 at 7:24pm
Does anybody have a decent picture of how the wiring harness is laid out behind the dash on a Gremlin or Hornet? I'm about to put mine back in after converting from right had drive to left hand drive and the whole thing is a bit of a mess at the moment after years of dodgy wiring modifications and being previously converted left hand drive to right hand drive. Mainly need to see where the main harness runs and fuse panel location.
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2017 at 9:48pm
Some of the service manuals have a wiring routing diagram in addition to the schematic wiring diagrams that are in all of the  TSMs.   What year is your Hornet?  Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2017 at 11:45pm
The Gremlin is a 74, I have a 71 manual so can check that as a rough guide. It was originally a 6 cylinder car but was converted to a V8 using 70 ambassador running gear (Borg Warner auto), now running a TF but still has the park/neutral safety switch via the shifter rather than transmission switch and lots of other random wires running everywhere.

Would almost be easier to rewire from scratch, but trying to work with and fix what I have. I only really need the basics like the lights and engine to work.

Edited by WesternRed - Sep/10/2017 at 11:48pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic