TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

304 2BBL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STOCKER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 304 2BBL
    Posted: Aug/27/2017 at 10:17pm
I'm looking at a Spirit 304/2 as a stock eliminator car. Been with Mopar for the last 40 years. Need some insight on where power can be made within the rules.
tomslik View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomslik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2017 at 7:35am
http://classracer.com/classforum/index.php

this site may come in handy for ya, there's a few of us over there too;)

check this out too.

http://www.classracerinfo.com/

67 american 290/4speed
STOCKER1 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STOCKER1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2017 at 9:51am
Been there for several years. Other than Ed, who has retired from racing, haven't found anyone else running that lower class car. I spoke to Ed several years ago at a divisional meet. That's what got me started thinking about AMC.
matty 401 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matty 401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2017 at 10:30am
can you change the carb ?? if so  run a 500 holley 2 barrel  they bolt right on  and really wake up a 304 had a 78 concord 304  put a 500 on it changed the car  
72 matador 401 the beast
79 concord 2 door
72 matador 304 grasshopper
68 Rogue 406
93 Cherokee 4.0 5 speed

Class Guy View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Class Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2017 at 7:34am
You have a PM
Pinballer View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2017 at 2:22pm
 I'm one of the guys who is currently building a Spirit for Stock, but it's with the 258. I can give you some background on what the 304's are all about as they pertain to NHRA Stock.

No, you can't change the carb to a Holley. It has to be the same type of Motorcraft 2 bbl originally on there but you can change it to an older style Motorcraft carb without all the pollution features.

PM me if you need me, be glad to help out.
NHRA T/SA '79 AMX
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic