TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

door shell interchange?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2017 at 6:53am
Next time you plan on a trip to Temples (closer to Batesburg-Leesville than Lexington, but Lexington easier for someone to find) drop me a line! Given a few days notice I should be able to meet you up there or somewhere near. Would be nice to meet another SC AMCer into the older cars like I am... not just Javelins and 70s cars, which are the most popular. I grew up in the area, know Temples well! Been around for a long time, and they don't crush anything over 20 years old unless it's too far gone or picked over to have any good parts left. 

7303 Two Notch Rd, Batesburg, SC 29006

(803) 359-9063

They probably don't know what Rambler/AMC models they have, but will let you roam the yard and see... they can generally point you in the right area. Don't pull your own parts, find the car and they will do that.

The 65-66 door shells can be "massaged" to work. You would still need the skins from the earlier models, and might need to trim or add to the edges for the skins to seal. Sounds like something you could do though. All the 63-66 shells will bolt up -- hinge and latch locations are the same as well as door opening size. Which means they should fit the 64-69 Americans as well... same caveats though.

Frank Swygert
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic