TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

W/S washer squirter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: W/S washer squirter
    Posted: Aug/16/2017 at 4:50pm
Going through my '64 American wagon, going to install a factory type w/s washer in a car that didn't come with it. Got all the parts, tested works good, no leaks. Under the hood is a oval hole in the framework about where the nozzel is supposed to go, do I just center it in the hole or is there a measurement that I need to go by? Sounds simple but I only want to drill 1 hole so I want it right the first time..... Thanks in advance.....

Perk
Americans, 65 Convertible, 64-65 Wagons, 64 220 2Dr, 66 2Dr Hardtop..... They follow me home!!!
990V8 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 990V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2017 at 5:16pm
The factory nozzle with my car had two jets on the left screen and one jet on the right. That's how it was made. You might want to check the jets are OK before drilling.

The fixing nut was a strange piece of bent metal with arms. Hard to tighten and undo. If yours is the same, ensure you allow room for the nut. Otherwise just centre the hole.

Ivor
63 Canadian Ambo 990 V8 327
74 LandRover Lightweight V8 SIII
Shopping Trolley
graewolf View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2017 at 5:46pm
Mine are 2 on each side, all are clear and squirt good, the speed nut threads on and off easy. So the positioning is centered in the oval shaped hole in the frame of the hood? Thanks.     Big smile

Perk
Americans, 65 Convertible, 64-65 Wagons, 64 220 2Dr, 66 2Dr Hardtop..... They follow me home!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic