TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC 6 Cylinder Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Parts needed for 195.6 Cast iron 6 Cy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PolarBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parts needed for 195.6 Cast iron 6 Cy
    Posted: Jul/28/2017 at 6:36pm
I have a 1962 rambler cross country wagon, updating the timing chain and harmonic balancer . Found all the other parts at the usual shops. But can not find and no answer back from the three recommended places, American parts, Galvins or Blazer. 

Since I am changing the type of balancer used, as mine was an old school part. I need to find two parts that I don't see listed on any of the pages. 

Item one is a sproketed retaining washer with teeth, see photo number 32.
The end cap/washer for the harmonic balancer photo number 33. 

http://195.6ohv.com/2010-build/index.html

If anyone has an old engine laying around these parts should still be good, mine just never had them. 
If you have them and want to sell them to me, my contact is kadellr45@gmail.com .

Thanks. 
tomj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2017 at 11:27pm
well all of the AMC suppliers are very likely at the 2017 AMC Kenosha HOmecoming. which is this weekend. it's show season, these shops are very small, so they're out standing in booths: https://www.facebook.com/events/1473925086257278/

i may have those parts. you in a hurry? i've got friends in town for a party this weekend, but i could likely find them this weekend or Monday. they're yours for shipping.

1960 Rambler Super two-door wagon, OHV auto
1961 Roadster American, 195.6 OHV, T5
http://www.ramblerLore.com

PolarBear View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PolarBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2017 at 12:15am
That would be sweet. No hurry as I will need to order the other parts. The car was a gift from a friend who passed away. It sat for two years so am going through things. Did start it up and drive it around the block. Love the old car smell.  All in all it is in good condition. 

You can sent it to me:
Roger Kadell
135 Michael Ave
Saint Helens, Oregon 97051

If you include your address I will send the money back to you. 

Thanks for the info, it explains why I called all three places all day and no one answered.  
PolarBear View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PolarBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2017 at 11:19pm
Here is a photo of the car I am working on:

graewolf View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2017 at 12:07am
NICE! That thing is beautiful..... Thumbs Up I really like wagons.....

Perk
Americans, 65 Convertible, 64-65 Wagons, 64 220 2Dr, 66 2Dr Hardtop..... They follow me home!!!
tomj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2017 at 1:00am
 friends left today. tomorrow i'll go pull the stuff out and make sure it's all there and the same.

so it's the conical spring washer with the fingers, and the "plug", a flanged spacer, or a washer with a deep shoulder, whatever you wanna call it... need the bolt? 

i assume you have a gasket set cuz i'm not parting with mine! :-)

tomj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2017 at 11:57am
sorry this has taken so long, but "the parts in the mail".

i assembled it in the order it came out. it's particular. for the record, here's a pic of the assembly order:

bolt -- internal star washer - flanged plug -- rubber gasket -- thick cork plain gasket -- conical spring-thingie. typical Nash; intricate, almost aircraft-like, filled with subtleties and enough unlike modern stuff to drive you crazy until you figure out the puzzle. all this to seal the crank nose. the harmonic balancer is a keyed slip fit, it will sling oilout this assembly if not done right. but it's easy to do right. and Nash didn't have Permatex Right Stuff, which i smear inside so this assembly sits on top.

PolarBear View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PolarBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2017 at 1:55am
got it in mail today, thanks my chain is on back order and they are sending all the parts I need plus a few extra things I ordered.

PolarBear View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PolarBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2017 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by tomj tomj wrote:

sorry this has taken so long, but "the parts in the mail".

i assembled it in the order it came out. it's particular. for the record, here's a pic of the assembly order:

bolt -- internal star washer - flanged plug -- rubber gasket -- thick cork plain gasket -- conical spring-thingie. typical Nash; intricate, almost aircraft-like, filled with subtleties and enough unlike modern stuff to drive you crazy until you figure out the puzzle. all this to seal the crank nose. the harmonic balancer is a keyed slip fit, it will sling oilout this assembly if not done right. but it's easy to do right. and Nash didn't have Permatex Right Stuff, which i smear inside so this assembly sits on top.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic