TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

SC/Rambler build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6PakBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2018 at 7:58am
Originally posted by 401ton 401ton wrote:

....Also, I was worried about removing the rear windshield because they are tough to come by.  My buddy Chris and I did get it out after reading online the procedure and didn't break it on the way out anyway...

What procedure did you find online?  I have the same concern as you about breakage.
Roger Gazur
1969 'B' Scheme SC/Rambler
1970 RWB 4-spd Machine
1970 Sonic Silver auto AMX

All project cars.

Forum Cockroach
Zioamc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zioamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2018 at 2:27pm
following this build for sure nice work so far !!!
      .....1969 Sc/Rambler....
401ton View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 401ton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2018 at 5:46pm
The rear windshield gasket is cut from inside of the car all the way arround while leaving the chrome outside pieces on until the rear windshield is out.  That's how I remember it anyway...  Good luck!
1969 SC/Rambler

401ton View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401ton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2018 at 7:50pm

Finally got the bottom of the car primed and painted before it rusted setting in the garage this summer.
I had the garage AC on for (2) month trying to find enough time in the schedule to get it primed then painted in less than a one week window, otherwise you have to sand the primer again before painting.

The engine compartment is painted some to keep from rusting, but not finished up there yet.

Now I can start to reassemble the suspension drivetrain as time allows.
I used Nason single stage paint and Southern Polyurethane's primer.
First I painted it white primer, then another coat of gray primer followed by seam sealer.  Then about 5 days later the paint.

1969 SC/Rambler

401ton View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401ton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2018 at 11:34am
Recently got the Control Freak front and rear suspension now that the bottom is painted.
Working on the Wilwood spindles & brakes and Dutchman axles with the Strange carrier etc.
Waiting a new steering column.

1969 SC/Rambler

401ton View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401ton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2018 at 11:56am
Heavy carrier with extra reinforcements and nodular iron plus getting old and all...

Mocked up the fender and wheels for some motivation.
Had to mount the rear tire/wheel by tilting bottom in first to clear the axle.  
Didn't have the rotor on yet, so hopefully it clears.  Rear tires are 275/55-17s.

1969 SC/Rambler

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic