TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Devilboy's 1965 American 330

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtoman_us Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2020 at 11:41am
Jeremy, we should meet up. I might have A NOS clear rear floor mat need to verify it crosses over to the American you have.

I have a box of AMC clips we can rummage thru.
Moderator - Emeritus

Used to collect trophies, now I collect gas receipts and put on miles

1964 Rambler Ambassador Cross Country Wagon
1965 GTO
1931 Model A original survivor
"Flat Roofs are Cool"
Devilboy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devilboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2020 at 11:50am
Originally posted by gtoman_us gtoman_us wrote:

Jeremy, we should meet up.
Sounds good to me. I am available Sunday afternoon if you are. Shoot me a PM.
Jeremy
AMCRC #10059
AMO #10906
1965 American 330
Devilboy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Devilboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2021 at 6:01pm
Well, not being able to afford an upholsterer, I bought all of the supplies myself. Navy blue Marine vinyl, some stylish fabric, piping, thread, burlap, hog rings, hog ring pliers, batting, foam, and spray adhesive. I stripped my old seats, sanded and primed them and built them back up with burlap, foam & batting.

Designed the look trying to retain the original look, so the patterns were made from the old seats. Then I had a very, very talented & ridiculously generous, good friend who is a tailor/seamster who offered to put them together & sew them for me for an outrageously low price.

I can not wait to get the driver's floor pan and rockers welded in so I can install these bad boys.

Altogether I am only in for a grand total of $518.00 including all of the supplies and the labor for both seats. The quote I got from the local shop was around $2500. I think I did alright...

Edited by Devilboy - Apr/27/2021 at 6:29pm
Jeremy
AMCRC #10059
AMO #10906
1965 American 330
LakesideRamblin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2021 at 6:22pm
Those are sweet!  Well done.
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
6t8amxetc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 6t8amxetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2021 at 7:04pm
Agreed! I really like that fabric. And what a great deal from some good friends!
Devilboy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devilboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2021 at 7:12pm
Thanks. My friend Lee is a saint of a friend and a wizard with a sewing machine. I can't believe how good of a job he did and was flabbergasted that he charged me what he did. I got very lucky...

Edited by Devilboy - Apr/27/2021 at 7:24pm
Jeremy
AMCRC #10059
AMO #10906
1965 American 330
gtoman_us View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gtoman_us Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2021 at 8:54pm
Impressive Jeremy.  Turned our really nice.
Moderator - Emeritus

Used to collect trophies, now I collect gas receipts and put on miles

1964 Rambler Ambassador Cross Country Wagon
1965 GTO
1931 Model A original survivor
"Flat Roofs are Cool"
Devilboy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devilboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2021 at 9:38pm
Thank you all. They turned out just like I wanted.
Jeremy
AMCRC #10059
AMO #10906
1965 American 330
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2021 at 6:36am
You owe Lee a BIG favor!! I'm sure there will be something you can do for him one day. You both did a great job on the seats.
Frank Swygert
Devilboy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devilboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2021 at 9:23am
Thanks Frank. I am fully aware of how much that is true. He really went above & beyond with these. I am planning to do something nice for him to return the mega-favor that he will really enjoy.

It was a slow process that took about 10 months altogether, as I did not want the job to bite into his regular work, so he worked on them at his leisure when he had some time to spare here and there.
I told him from the beginning that there was no hurry and no worry about how long they took, because I knew that they would be done light years before the car was.

Edited by Devilboy - Apr/28/2021 at 9:25am
Jeremy
AMCRC #10059
AMO #10906
1965 American 330
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic