TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Help Please - Need Full Interior 58 American

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyleonard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help Please - Need Full Interior 58 American
    Posted: Jun/23/2017 at 10:04pm
I'm in San Fernando Valley/L.A. Westside area in SoCal and I have a faded paint but recently running 1958 Mardi Gras Red/White top 2 door American Super ready for an interior. I think I have all the pieces but almost all the fabric and all the foam is missing from the front seats and the headliner is completely missing. I have door cards and armrest bases and the rubber floor mats are toast. Pretty rough.

QUESTION: Is there a decent kit at a decent price out there for my car? Or is there a "guy" around me that knows what he's doing and who has done a complete car?

I see lots of chatter online about the correct weave for a '70s car, etc. but I just want something period correct - even if it's not vehicle specific and original - that's not made from delicate 60 year old fabric. Equally I don't want to cover everything with red boat vinyl at the local seat shop.

My current upholstery contacts all do high-end German leather and look at me funny when I describe what I want.

Thanks.
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2017 at 10:15pm
When I lived in SoCal 17 years ago there were some pretty good upholstery shops in Huntington Beach that could do period correct styles with vinyl and fabric you select. I had a 75 Nova coupe done and it was something to be proud of. Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
andyleonard View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyleonard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2017 at 10:19pm
Thanks Joe. I drive past 20 upholstery shops every day on my way to work in Canoga Park. I need a name. I can't try 'em all. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic