TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

C2C Floorpan Impressions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RTTComanche17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: C2C Floorpan Impressions
    Posted: Jun/20/2017 at 12:05am
I need to replace the floorpans in my '67 American and bought replacements from Classic 2 Current Fabrication. For those of you that have used them, were there any challenges with fitment or quality? I guess I should have asked before I bought them but oh well. I also just saw some on Galvin's website. Are they from the same source or are they different/better/worse? 

Would appreciate any insight you all can give; this will be my first time replacing floorpans.

SCRAGTOP View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCRAGTOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2017 at 8:59am

I am not thrilled with those replacement pans at all...    Whatever dies they use to roll the beads has too sharp of a point and you end up with a triangular shaped bead versus the correct radius (round or half mooned shaped) bead. You would think that if you are going to make these and actually advertise some sort of a business in doing these, you could invest a few bucks into dies... I only ordered one and glad I didn't waste the money on another... I would say to buy a bead roller from woodward fab or eastwood and roll your own pans, I guarantee you will do a better job than C2C...     
mstrcrftr View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstrcrftr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2017 at 9:56am
i have a brand new bead roller still in the box for sale if you need one.  
RTTComanche17 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RTTComanche17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2017 at 11:02am
Originally posted by SCRAGTOP SCRAGTOP wrote:

I am not thrilled with those replacement pans at all...       
Did you not like them purely due to the bead shape? I'm not doing any sort of concourse grade restoration so that might not impact me as much so long as they fit reasonably well without having to completely rework them. 

Originally posted by <span id=userPro3 =msgSidePro title=View Drop Down style=font-weight: normal;>mstrcrftr</span> mstrcrftr wrote:

I have a brand new bead roller still in the box for sale if you need one.  
Thanks for the offer. I'll let you know, but i think the shipping from TX to CA might be a bit pricey...

1967 Rambler American #1 - junkyard rescue parts car
1967 Rambler American #2 - project car, but it runs!...for now...
RTTComanche17 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RTTComanche17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2017 at 11:03am
Has anyone had experience (good or bad) with the pans that Galvin's sells? It might be too late to return mine, but if they are worth the effort, I might give it a go...
1967 Rambler American #1 - junkyard rescue parts car
1967 Rambler American #2 - project car, but it runs!...for now...
amcfool1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcfool1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2017 at 11:55am
hi, bought a Hornet floor pan from C2C last year, front drivers side. It looked ok, but did not cover the rusted parts I needed. Basically, the sold me the rear section of the front floor, fine, but my floor was rusty in the Front section, just under the pedals, and the C2C would not cover this, so ended up fabricating my my own. (or to be precise, my welder did!) Otherwise looked ok, if it covers your rusty spots, why not use it? good luck, gz
george z
mstrcrftr View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstrcrftr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2017 at 4:13pm
i can ship via my office.  comes out to about half of what ups regularly charges, if that helps you.

rockAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2017 at 9:36pm
C2C don't use stamped pans, like the ones APD or others sell. The front floor pans are fine. The rear pans are a bit rough since they are not stamped, so the wells have slits in them instead of one piece. These slits need to be welded up when installed. But they are about half the price of the stamped pans. 
DWR
1968 AMX

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic