TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

360 oil pan clearance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 360 oil pan clearance
    Posted: Jun/17/2017 at 11:17am
I'm installing a 94 dodge magnum 360 into a 1968 rambler american had a straight 6. I had a stock car 360 center sump oil pan but is hitting cross member before getting down to where it needs to go. Also looks like I'm going to have to fab up and adaptor from the car motor mounts back to cross member motor mounts. Anyone done this before? What oil pan do i need to get to clear cross member and center link? Also is there motor mounts that will work better than stock mopar ones? The motor does have the truck motor mounts about half way back the motor blockif that helps. Any help would be great.

Thanks,Kris
jpnjim View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpnjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2017 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by Stimy Stimy wrote:

I'm installing a 94 dodge magnum 360 into a 1968 rambler american had a straight 6. I had a stock car 360 center sump oil pan but is hitting cross member before getting down to where it needs to go. Also looks like I'm going to have to fab up and adaptor from the car motor mounts back to cross member motor mounts. Anyone done this before? What oil pan do i need to get to clear cross member and center link? Also is there motor mounts that will work better than stock mopar ones? The motor does have the truck motor mounts about half way back the motor blockif that helps. Any help would be great.

Thanks,Kris

Hi Kris,
I don't have an answer to your question,
but since it's for a Dodge 360, the Frankenrambler section might be more help;

Good luck
71 P-code 4spd Javelin/AMX
some Jeeps and some Fords
one bad rambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote one bad rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2017 at 5:51pm
I`ve seen several guys do this switch...check out the Frankenrambler section
68 AMX 390 4 Speed,68 American,64 American 2 Door Wagon Altered Wheelbase,78 Concord Build 360,727,8.8
tufcj View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tufcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2017 at 5:52pm
All of the AMC V-8s had a rear sump pan. You'll have to modify the sump or the cross member.

Bob
tufcj
69 AMX
74 Javelin AMX
67 Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2017 at 8:09pm
It's all here:

http://theamcforum.com/forum/magnum-in-a-javelin_topic71324.html

Some Mopars, mostly pickup trucks and vans, ran a rear sump oil pan, so you might find something factory that fits.
Stimy View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2017 at 5:46pm
Thank you guys for the info. I'll get into changing oil pans around to get clearance.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic