TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC 6 Cylinder Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

I6 Valve Cover Chrome

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redright9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I6 Valve Cover Chrome
    Posted: May/24/2017 at 11:55pm
Hello! I've seen a few people selling chrome calve covers for the I6 engines on eBay. But I have heard that they're not good quality, that would explain the cheap price. Anyone have any experience with them? Got a better place to look? I don't want to spend alot, just trying to pretty up the car a little.

Thanks
amcfool1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcfool1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2017 at 6:19am
they are cheap, but get the job done. there is also a black one available. gz
george z
amcfool1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcfool1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2017 at 10:18am
hi, just fyi, if you get one of those chrome (or black) valve covers, the stock oil fill cap and grommets will not work, no big deal really, but you will have to buy a new oil fill cap, and PCV/breather grommets. Some for a Chevy will work. I bought the black one, not a bad piece for the money, ( about $40.) but took me about a week of trial and error to find the correct grommets for it. good luck, gz

ps, this valve cover will NOT work if using roller rockers, stock one will. difference is size/location of breather/pcv baffles. thanks, gz
george z
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic