TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Modern Accelerator Cable in a 67 Rogue/American
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Modern Accelerator Cable in a 67 Rogue/American

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70 Donohue 390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Modern Accelerator Cable in a 67 Rogue/American
    Posted: Mar/25/2017 at 1:59pm
I saw a blog somewhere? here or Facebook?  where someone put a 70 Javelin accelerator cable and gas pedal assembly in an American. I have the pedal (thanks RamblinAMC-Eddie) and the cable off my AMX. Anyone done this?  Before I go do the mods on our Rogue I'd like some pointers.
Thanks in advance,
Ron
67 Rogue 290 Convert

70 BBO 390 5 Speed Javelin-under construction
tufcj View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tufcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2017 at 3:12pm
They may have used the cable, but the pedal would require some mods. 69 Americans used a cable. I could post up a pic of the American pedal next to the Javelin pedal if you'd like to see the difference.

Bob
tufcj
69 AMX
74 Javelin AMX
67 Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford
Class Guy View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Class Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2017 at 3:53pm
Really simple.  Get the assembly out of a Hornet-Gremlin, drill a few holes and it fits marvelously.
70 Donohue 390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70 Donohue 390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2017 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by tufcj tufcj wrote:

They may have used the cable, but the pedal would require some mods. 69 Americans used a cable. I could post up a pic of the American pedal next to the Javelin pedal if you'd like to see the difference.
Bob tufcj

Yes Bob. I'd like to that pic
Thanks!
67 Rogue 290 Convert

tufcj View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tufcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2017 at 5:56pm
I may stand corrected. The pedal on the left is from a 71-74 Jav. The pedal on the right is from a 69 American parts car (6 cyl/auto). I stuck my head under the dash of my 69 AMX (390/auto) and the pedal is the same as the 69 American. I don't know if the 70 pedal is the same as the 69. The hole in the firewall for the throttle cable is square and slightly turned up. I took a pic of the piece I cut from the firewall of the donor car, including the firewall rib for position. The small hole is the top gas pedal screw.

Bob
tufcj
69 AMX
74 Javelin AMX
67 Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford
304-dude View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 304-dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2017 at 6:07pm
I thought a 71 Javelin accelerator pedal assemby was more like a 70. As the cable has a different mounting to the arm. I have a 71 and may be able to get mine out to see if it does have some variance to your later Javelin pedal.
71 Javelin SST body
390 69 crank, 70 block & heads
NASCAR SB2 rods & pistons
78 Jeep TH400 w/ 2.76 Low
50/50 Ford-AMC Suspension
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
Ford Racing 3.25 gears & 9" /w Detroit locker
70 Donohue 390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70 Donohue 390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2017 at 6:15pm
Thanks Bob. I'm all set,
67 Rogue 290 Convert

SCRAGTOP View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCRAGTOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2017 at 12:29pm
Skip welding in the firewall donor piece and get a square hole punch. Bolt the punch in and before you screw it thru the metal, bend it down (if you are in the cars interior doing this) and then tighten the screw down... You'll have a square hole with a slight bend at the wall. a torch to heat the area up a little would help also.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic