TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AMC and Lenco

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitropig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AMC and Lenco
    Posted: Jan/22/2017 at 4:51pm
Has anyone ran a Lenco behind an AMC motor? And if you did where did you get the bellhousing and who made it. Thanks pk

Hurst390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurst390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/23/2017 at 6:01pm
What input does the Lenco have?
If it has a ford you can use the old Lakewood bell as I am doing with a liberty.
If you have to buy a bell Browell is the way to go..with a cross shaft for the throwout bearing.
SC/Hurst Rambler

11.62 120

100% Street Legal
Pinballer View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/23/2017 at 11:11pm
Did Bob Stieg used to run one at Byron Dragway long ago in a wicked AMX?
NHRA T/SA '79 AMX
Nitropig View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitropig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2017 at 9:42am
Looks like Browel will custom make anything for a guy. It is 1.375 10 spline. Input shaft can be made any length for about 200 bucks from Lenco. Just was looking to see if anyone knew of a company that may have one on shelf or a used one somewhere. This is going to be my first attempt at a drag car, hanging up leathers and selling Top Fuel bike if anyone on here is interested. Thanks Paul
Hurst390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurst390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2017 at 4:17pm
Long input's are what most mainstream (chevy/ford) guys with big power are using to use a dual disc clutch. So if you have a long input you can use an amc bell. All I have to do to the ford input in my Liberty 5 speed is cut a little off the end of the pilot and use a pilot bearing that fits the ford input.
SC/Hurst Rambler

11.62 120

100% Street Legal
Nitropig View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitropig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2017 at 8:25am
I was looking for an SFI certified bell housing for AMC motor to Lenco transmission. I found one, going with injected BBC instead of AMC motor until I get one.
PROSTOCKTOM View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2017 at 7:28am
Browell would a fine bellhousing or if you want to go all out have have Trick Titanium build you a new unit.

http://www.tricktitanium.com/

Happy hunting.

Tom
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic