TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Suspension, Steering, Brakes & Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

trim rings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: trim rings
    Posted: Jan/22/2017 at 3:31pm
I had a set of machine wheels re rimmed they did not have rings in them when I got um. looking for one that will fit good as can be expected anybody know what fits.
thanks b
amc67rogue View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amc67rogue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2017 at 3:40pm
I've heard Astro vans are close.
Keith Coggins 67Rogue X code
scott View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2017 at 3:53pm
This is a trim ring off of a Chevy truck rally wheel, shown on a Machine wheel. I used them for 10-15 years until I was able to locate the correct rings. They have pointy clips on the back that dig in to the rim & really hold them on. Close up shows the detail you need to look for in a trim ring. Rings that go all the way around the valve stem won't work, not enough room.
redrebel View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2017 at 5:08pm
Those look good would you knoe model year
scott View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/23/2017 at 3:16pm
I'm guessing mid 80's or so. I think they were also used on full size vans a little later.
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/23/2017 at 4:07pm

I bought a set of these 14" for my AMX for a second set of "driver" wheels.  They're not exact to the originals, but pretty close, though they are not brushed like the original AMX trim rings were.

I know you are looking for Machine trim rings, which I think are 15", but thought I would throw this source out there.

Also, forum member Sidewinder was selling some brushed trim rings that were very close to the AMX originals. You might check with him to see if he sells Machine trim rings too.
redrebel View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2017 at 12:20pm
Diamond racing wheel in Milwaukee Wisc.
Bill is owner they turned out great I did 8wheels 6 stock and 2 at 10in.
it was about 150 a wheel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic