TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Gauge Packages for '77 AMC applications and Newer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Gauge Packages for '77 AMC applications and Newer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlopeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2018 at 9:22am
Yes!  I was going to do that.  I just took pictures on my way into work this morning! :)  I'm going to annotate the picture because there's a couple things I'd like to share...

That's IF I can post pictures.  My signature still doesn't show up, so I have not have been fully enabled on the forum yet. 
dlopeman View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlopeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2018 at 11:56am

OK.  Here's some pix.  Sorry they came out a little blurry, but you'll get the gist!!

1. Yes.  I know.  It's not an AMC Radio!!!!  Well, working AMC Radios are hard to find.  I happen to have 4 AMC Radios, 1 of which is working and installed in my Concord.  The original radio is actually 1 DIN in size, or so I thought...  It's not quite 1 DIN and I had to Dremel out the hole slightly.  I guess I'm committed to aftermarket radios now!!  This is a radio I got for $10 at Fry's.  I bought 2!!!  for $10??? Why not? :)

2. That Volt Meter is BOSCH.  I found it at Advanced Auto Parts.  I got some other one at O'Reilly's and it appeared to be all plastic and cheaply made.  The Bosch one was solid and has real glass!  All I did was sand the little cover thing and paint with flat black.  Then I took it out of its housing.  Drilled some holes in the gauge cluster enclosure (I made ABSOLUTE certain I had it lined up!  I only had 1 chance to get it right, since I only have one cluster!)  When I screwed it down, it kinda faced up a little so I had to cut some triangle/wedge vacuum tubing to make it align right in the cover.  It's still not as perfect as I would like.  Oh yeah, and the needle's bottom actually hit the inside bottom of the enclosure, so I had to slightly grind out a recess so the needle could move freely.

3. That Molotow Liquid Chrome pen is straight up AWESOME!!  I've tried a bunch of different metallic silver pens with lackluster results.  This pen is SO shiny, you can dang near see your reflection in it!  Don't fret at the $10ish price tag at Hobby Lobby/Amazon/Wherever - you will not be disappointing and will seek out everything you can use this thing on!!!  I think my tip size is 4mm and Hobby Lobby had it stocked in the models section, not the magic-marker section.

4. I have to have a cup holder!  I drive my cars to work.  I need somewhere to put my coffee.  This one was just some rubber insert I found in some car in some junk yard.  It serves its purpose although it's not purty!

After all that... I cannot attach pictures on this forum!!!!!!  It seems to only allow http:// type links... Let me see what I can do there...

dlopeman View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlopeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2018 at 12:12pm

Edited by dlopeman - Oct/24/2018 at 12:15pm
dlopeman View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlopeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2018 at 12:17pm
I don't know. Maybe the Admins need to flip a bit on my settings... Sorry guys. If anyone knows an Admin, please put in a word for me.

Mr. Ed View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2018 at 9:36am
You need 30 points in order to post pictures unless yo use a hosting site.

Later!
Mr. Ed
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo "Gwendolyn."
1978 Concord Sport coupe "Mr. Black".
1982 Concord wagon. The Admiral. FOR SALE!
1976 Sportabout X, 304, auto, air. The Bronze Goddess

dlopeman View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlopeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2018 at 12:04pm
Ah! Ok... I did use URLs from a "hosting" site, but the pix didn't not appear, either.

So how does one accrue points? And thus where do I see my balance?
Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2018 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by dlopeman dlopeman wrote:

Ah! Ok... I did use URLs from a "hosting" site, but the pix didn't not appear, either.

So how does one accrue points? And thus where do I see my balance?
Make 18 more posts. It shows that you have 12 beneath your avatar. Tell us about the weather where you are.
Mr. Ed View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2018 at 8:05am
Or just reply to other posts.

Later!
Mr. Ed
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo "Gwendolyn."
1978 Concord Sport coupe "Mr. Black".
1982 Concord wagon. The Admiral. FOR SALE!
1976 Sportabout X, 304, auto, air. The Bronze Goddess

knobbler View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knobbler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2018 at 12:49am
Hey dlopeman! I took a look at the URLs in your image tags, and it looks like they're broken. In particular, the domain shows up as "drive.google", instead of "drive.google.com", so the address won't resolve. I tried adding the".com", and then the URL resolved. Unfortunately, the page gave an error saying that the file wasn't accessible.

If you search for "use Google drive image host", you'll find a few different articles on various ways to do that. All of the methods I saw looked like they were a little overly complicated, so you might also consider using a free image hosting site. I've used postimages.org a fair amount. No real reason; they just came up as a search result when I was looking for an image host. Haven't had any trouble using it so far, though.
JAD View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2019 at 10:01pm
Thanks, I was wondering about posting pictures and question is now answered.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic