TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior > HVAC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1970 AMC Javelin HVAC controls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocketman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1970 AMC Javelin HVAC controls
    Posted: Dec/15/2016 at 9:39am
I was wondering which cables line up with which switches on the controller. I bought the car with one clip hooked up and the rest dangling, and the previous owner used an ac with weather eye controller for a non ac car. Im figuring temp goes to the intake, does the defrost one go to the middle of the dash? And the flapping door on the passenger side i dont know what to hook up to. Never had to mess with cable actuated heaters before, i'm a yungin
Thanks for the help,
Lucky514 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucky514 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2017 at 4:37pm
I am also having the same problem. Does anyone know what cable goes where? Thanks.
White70JavelinSST View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2017 at 9:30am
The White70 Has a swapped in AC system from a donor car. The system under the dash is all stock.

I do not recall having much trouble installing the cables from the weather eye controls to the doors on the AC/heater box and the heater valve on the intake manifold.

The top lever is connected to the door that moves air toward the defroster vents on the top of the dash. IIRC there's a lever toward the bottom of the AC/heater box on the drivers side that controls the defrost function. Connect the cable end to that lever.

The 2nd lever down gets it's cable connected to a door that's inside the box between the heater box and the AC box. This one is sketchy in my memory....

There is a cable that strings through the firewall and connects to the heater valve at the right rear of the intake manifold. This cable is on the 3rd lever down from the top. Moved over to the left, the heater core does not get water flowing through it. Moved to the right the heater core gets water.

The bottom lever/cable attaches to the door that is in front of the passengers feet. When set toward the left this brings outside air through the box. When moved to the right the lever/cable opens the door by the passengers feet and draws air from inside the car.

I believe these to be correct as I am doing this from memory and I rebuilt and installed all this several years ago.

I recall that the bend in the cables and their lengths made it somewhat apparent that they connect in only one way.

Hope this helps.

Edited by White70JavelinSST - Dec/04/2017 at 8:51am
70 Javelin SST, second owner, purchased 1972
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic