TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Restoration facts, question and answer. > Part Numbers, AMC Parts ID and cross-references
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

69 amc rebel floor pan swap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote htrdkd69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 69 amc rebel floor pan swap
    Posted: Nov/09/2016 at 12:35pm
Could anyone tell me if 70 4 door ambassador floor pans will work for a 2 door 69 rebel
2beersmaybe3 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2beersmaybe3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/10/2016 at 11:53am
Hey there. I see your in Missouri as am I. Your name wouldn't happen to be Tyler would it. I am a friend of Henry's. He is done cutting that car up as of today. My best bet if I were in your shoes would be to take lots of pictures and measurements. So when you get to Henry's to check out the floor pan, which by the way is very very nice and see it certain parts line up at the same measurement spots. I'm not sure how bad your floors are and if there are even any good measuring spots. Too bad there isn't an app on phones(there probally is I'm just not into tech stuff) than you could line up a photo of 1 floor pan over another(the app would be good for other things and more than likely invented for other reasons) and see if they line up.

It is AMC/rambler we're talking about so there is a good chance that I will line up but then again, AMC/rambler will blow your mind sometimes by what won't interchange. 1962 classic/ambassador is good example. Almost nothing matches for 1961 and under, so I would've assumed that it would match with the 1963 and up big bodies(yes I know 62 looks more like 61 not a 63)but nope, 1962 is its own animal.

Like all car companies AMC tried to make certain things work for several years to keep cost down. So there should be a lot of interchange, especially with large, costly items such as floor pans.

In the not a new car world, AMC/rambler like other companies have lost more than a few good wagons and 4 door cars to fix someones more "desirable" 2 door. Even in our AMC/rambler world. So I'm sure more than 1 person out there knows. Can't believed its been more than a month since you've asked and no one who actually knows has answered with the at least of a simple yes or no much less any technical difficulties there might be.

Good luck. When I go to Henry's today, I'll take some pictures of the 70 floorpan and then I'll check the floors of his 67 & 68 Rebel convertibles and see how close they are. Might not be the same as the convertibles should have a few spots that are different because the convertible should have a few extra supports in it to keep the car from folding in half since it doesn't have a roof and c-pillars to rely on.

If you want, pm me your phone number and I can text you some pictures of the floor from the 70 4 door.

Paul Novak
1963 Classic 770 Cross Country
1964 Classic 660 4door
1964 Classic 770 2 door sedan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic