TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Blower engine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easydean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2016 at 6:40pm
I need photos of anyone that has one-looking to see how you mounted the belt tensioner.  Thanks guys!
shootist View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shootist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2016 at 7:25pm
?? Thought that the roots type blowers mounted the tensioner pulley to the SC body itself. If you run a centrifugal like mine the tensioner is built into the mounting bracket.

Edit: Found this with a brief search. 401 with a 671.

Edited by shootist - Nov/21/2016 at 7:28pm
easydean View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easydean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2016 at 7:48pm
Mine has that same tensioner-I will need to figure out a way to support it better-the snout on my blower cracked so we are replacing it.
crossramrambler View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crossramrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2016 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by easydean easydean wrote:

Mine has that same tensioner-I will need to figure out a way to support it better-the snout on my blower cracked so we are replacing it.

I would bet it cracked because the belt tension was set to tight when cold. There is a certain way it needs to be adjusted. It will tighten up when hot.......Jim
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic