TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Suspension, Steering, Brakes & Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Spring Compressor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70amxpaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2017 at 12:53pm
ok, figure out how to use the tool, works very well.
1970 red AMX 390 4speed AM FM rally PAC go PAC tilt rim blow black leather service block 60 over Canton pan Ross piston Indy intake Eddie heads Crane roller cam kit Ford 9 posi roll bar 65000 miles
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2017 at 3:19pm
Mine was missing the lower "saddle" but I made a simple strap that works - it's just not as convenient because the nuts tend to go up beside the curve and make it hard to get them on and off without nimble fingers.  (anyone have that part or can make me a copy, I'm listening! I didn't have the original lower piece to copy so went by memory or what would work)

These are nice as you can compress the spring, pull it out at the bottom, reach up and unscrew the compressor while holding the spring out, all while sitting down next to the car. 

Again, looking for the correct lower "saddle" part or a good copy of an original made like the original...... Wink

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic