TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - SC/R & Dual Exhaust American Fuel Line Heat Shield
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

SC/R & Dual Exhaust American Fuel Line Heat Shield

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcsamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SC/R & Dual Exhaust American Fuel Line Heat Shield
    Posted: Aug/27/2016 at 9:40pm
STAINLESS STEEL REPRODUCTION OF Gr. 4.160, P/N 3198078

HEAT SHIELD, FUEL LINE, SC/R

Faithful reproduction of the shield that mounts in the hump area on the right side as the fuel line exits the tank.  The right tailpipe runs too close to the fuel line and AMC designed and installed these on the SC/Ramblers for safety reasons.  Originals got rusty - these 304 stainless custom bent pieces will create a lifetime solution with no re-detailing required.

These would be a recommended add for all those American V8 owners who have installed dual exhaust.  Just have to drill two holes and mount.

There is only a small quantity left, and may never be re-made again.  Grab one now and place it on the shelf.

$15 each + $6.80 priority mailing for up to (5) per box.

As installed:

Kevin Shope
1964 Classic 660
67 Rogue 290-4V 4spd Conv
A-Scheme SC/Rambler (69 SC JOURNEY)
brownspirit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brownspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2016 at 6:41pm
I forgot to send payment to you weeks ago, I still want 2 of the heat shields if you have them. Can I send a check or MO? Thanks, Andy
69' BBB AMX 390/4-speed

69' s/crambler project

69’ International F210d Cummins/5+4
kcsamc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcsamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2016 at 10:18pm
Andy - sending you a PM
Kevin Shope
1964 Classic 660
kcsamc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcsamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2016 at 7:27pm
About (10) of these left,

Recently, my friend Larry Blatt installed one of these on his 1967 Rogue 343.  As we know, the SC/R was the only factory American to get dual exhaust.  Larry installed duals on his factory 343 car using SC/R pipes as a template, so they fit as close to factory as you can get.  The below pictures show how close that area is and why these shields are necessary to protect your fuel lines.

I now have a location / drill template that can be sent with the shields upon request.

Kevin Shope
1964 Classic 660
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic