TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Ram Air Cleaner & Filter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1970390amx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2016 at 11:01pm
The air cleaner top looks correct for a 360 car, a 390 car has the same top only chrome.
1970 390 4speed Bittersweet shadow mask AMX
1970 Amx missing most everything, or in a box
ccowx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccowx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2016 at 11:10pm
Some 70 air cleaner bases have a baffle inside where the snorkel attaches. Not on the ram air versions, but on the regular ones intended for non ram air cars. 

Thanks!

Chris 

PS: I just found the specs for the WIX 42041. 10.25" OD top, 10" OD bottom, 3.16" height, 7.68" ID

Edited by ccowx - Aug/26/2016 at 11:14pm
Bandana View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2016 at 7:28pm
Thanks for the info and pictures of the air cleaners. Much appreciated! I had a feeling mine was not correct for a 70' from some pictures I've seen. I put the new Wix 42041 filter in Saturday and while it works I could see the lid is hitting towards the back now. Also noted that the diameter of the filter is still is a bit lass than the lid ID. I'll have to get a good look at where the lid is hitting and decide if I can live with it. Probably won't bother changing the snorkel out since there is not much correct in the engine bay anyway.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic