TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

NAMDRA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcjock1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2016 at 3:56pm
If the AMC NATIONALS racing isn't done by 1pm I'm sure they will continue until done! And remember that if the racing is done by 1pm the car show and swap meet will go on the rest of the day. Judging for the car show isn't over until 2pm and then there is the awards program, which Jenny tells me there will be all kinds of door prizes  at!!
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2016 at 10:42am
I've been going to Cordova since 2001. (To some of you guys, I'm just a newcomer lol) I for one was not very happy with the way the track treated the AMCers. And I heard this from others. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy going to cordova. But if it has to be moved,I'll move with it
AMX1972 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2016 at 11:18pm
I thought the track did a pretty good job with the rain delay.   They had fairly large event of their own going on (in case anyone didn't notice LOL), and still got the AMC racing in.  Yes, it seemed like a long time between runs, but they had a lot of other classes, and I don't remember hearing us get skipped at all.  The timer on my Go Pro was showing around 30 minutes between runs when I was still in it for the Quick 8, then slowed to 45 minutes to an hour (I think they had a track oil down in there, which is not completely controllable). 

The last two years have seemed a little off, yes.. but both years have had weather issues.  2015 was a lightning strike that wiped the tower lane, and this year it rained off and on for half the morning.  You can't expect a perfect timeline with weather issues.   I for one am used to racing into the night, and I liked the impromptu "Racers award banquet" at the Team Meat pit.   Big shout out to the Halversons and all involved for sticking it out and making the racing happen!!  I'm going to be the oddball and vote for staying with Cordova..  

If not, Heartland Park in Topeka KS is a very nice 1/4 mile facility :)  

1972 Javelin AMX T/A Red 360/4 speed

1968 AMX "The Pied Piper" "Cam Only" 390/727 1/8th mile bracket racer on E-85. 10.92@121.9 mph.
steinercj5 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steinercj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2016 at 3:02pm
I might be the newest of the new NAMDRA members so I have nothing else to compare it to. I had a great time even though rain pushed everything late and I thought everyone did what they could to finish the event. The biggest plus for me was meeting people like Aaron and his dad- really helpful. And Don and his wife...you all made me feel part of the community and I look forward to next year. Thanks again...Greg
pfordamx View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfordamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2016 at 8:51am
I actually would prefer them to take more time inbetween rounds it gives your car time too cool off, and for the guys that don't run alternators they can recharge batteries, and repack chutes if they need. my complaint was about the rushed hot lapping of the amc competitors the past couple years and the extremely early time trials so they can get us out the gate before there other event starts. i'd rather them run the events together i don't mind staying until sunday thats the day we normally plan to drive back to oklahoma so not a short trip i know some come further but not many. i'd rather have a nice relaxed day at the track instead of trying to rush around and make to back to back passes. and not have any time to visit or wonder the pits and meat new people or see people you've met and look forward to seeing once a year.
Pinballer View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2016 at 7:12am
Just a thought... Why not move it on alternating years to a track west of the Mississippi River and then to a track east of it so new blood can come in? Wouldn't always have to be at the same tracks either. The main limiting factors would be:
Do they actually want to host this type of event (even with integrating it into their own weekly program) and can make it affordable?
Enough parking space for show and vendors?
Are there ample motels and/or camping nearby?
1/8th or 1/4 mile? Is it a must for 1/4?
Dates?

An occasional change of scenery for this event might be a good thing. I have been to it at both Great Lakes and Cordova many times long ago, and Cordova was a godsend after the 90's GLD fiascos. I havent been around since the early 00's, but it sounds like maybe the welcome at Cordova has worn out now?
Personally, I don't care where it is held or what the length of the track is, because I'm ready to jump back in again!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic