TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

T10 Shifter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodhhrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2016 at 2:57pm
As per the shifter handle, I stand corrected. I forgot for a moment, the 71 is a flat bar, but I believe everything else is the same.
71-SST View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71-SST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2016 at 4:47pm
Flat bar?
THE MENACE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE MENACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2016 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by 71-SST 71-SST wrote:

Flat bar?

"Flat bar" as opposed to the round bar chrome lever (or handle) in the last picture on the first page of this thread.

Dennis
Former Owner of:
The Craig Breedlove "AERO AMX"

Still Owner:
SS/AMX #9 replica (THE BIG MENACE)
70 AMX 416, EFI, Nash 5 speed   
70 Javelin 401, 727 (Wife's)
72 Gremlin Autocross Project.
71-SST View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71-SST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2016 at 11:02pm
Ok I see. Thanks.
Woosterkevin View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woosterkevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2016 at 4:46am
I just sent my OEM Hurst 4speed shifter to Hurst for their rebuild service. I have seen them have a few rebuilt already listed on EBay. With talking to them, I do know that the oem Hurst shifters have a press in stick and the aftermarket Hurst shifters have a bolt on stick.
Bandana View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/28/2016 at 7:43pm
Interesting and informative thread, thanks! Have yet to see what my shifter actually looks like under the boot. In the short time I've owned my car I do know that I do not care for the Hurst shifter, especially how it comes so far back and low in 2nd and 4th. I have the center arm rest in my car and the knob just about lays on the rest in 2nd and 4th gear.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic