TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

The Best amc platform

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2017 at 1:25pm
My Matador currently has M&H N50's on 15 x 10 wheels in the back in the stock wells. The specs are I think 11" tread width and 28" tall. I had to use 5.5 backspace to clear the outer fender lip. The inner wheel tubs are the limiting factor or I could have gone wider but I dont want to chop up my car. The Rebel is 4 inches shorter wheelbase than the 71-73 Matador so would be an excellent choice...aerodynamics suck but HP cures that

401harry View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2017 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by easydean easydean wrote:

Use to have a 70 Rebel - had 8" weld wheels with 29.5 X 10.5 slicks and they fit.  Actually still have the 4 wheels and tires that were on the car sitting around here.  Hooked great - had solid trailing arms off of the differential instead of the stock ones. 90/10 shocks up front.

Yes the 67 up AMC 4 link is a good design . Basically a copy of the GM/Chevelle setup. My car has eddy adjustable upper arms from an early chevelle and boxed TRW lower arms with air bags in the coils and hooks very nice. Adjustable lower Chevelle arms would also fit as all the bushing sizes are the same
jpnjim View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpnjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2017 at 1:43pm
Jeep Cherokee XJ:

AMC designed and built,
101" wheelbase
Lightweight
Cheap
Parts are still in every junkyard
Narrow body,
but takes a 60" wide rear axle
Can fit a 10.5"+ wide rear tire easily
Factory "frame" connectors already built in
Tons and tons of aftermarket support
AMC V8's have been done
Ride height changes are stupid easy
Spring over axle from the factory so you can drop the rear 4"+ just by going SUA
and even though it has a winning racing pedigree (stadium track) going back to the 1980's
no one else is drag racing them 

Look at it,
if that's not what a 1984-2001 Rambler would look like,
then I don't know what is    
71 P-code 4spd Javelin/AMX
some Jeeps and some Fords
jpnjim View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpnjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2017 at 1:50pm

Edited by jpnjim - Jun/26/2017 at 1:56pm
71 P-code 4spd Javelin/AMX
some Jeeps and some Fords
401harry View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2017 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by jpnjim jpnjim wrote:

Nice....love the XJs and have owned a bunch. I still have a 97 2 door SE 2WD in the garage that will someday get an LS motor but the 4.0 still runs strong at 187k miles. pretty light and stiff chassis too with a factory gasser front axle..lol
SirDigger View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirDigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2017 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by 401harry 401harry wrote:

Originally posted by jpnjim jpnjim wrote:

Nice....love the XJs and have owned a bunch. I still have a 97 2 door SE 2WD in the garage that will someday get an LS motor but the 4.0 still runs strong at 187k miles. pretty light and stiff chassis too with a factory gasser front axle..lol

get one of these 282cui vam low compression blocks, strap a turbo on it, and have LS engines as a breakfast. LOL
SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360
AMoCoLite View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMoCoLite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2017 at 7:37pm

[/QUOTE]
Im in the process of building a x275 car, was going to be my 81 regal since gbody stuff is super cheap.....but really wan to build my 70 Rebel. Hows the suspension work on your car? What size tire can you fit in the stock tubs? Thanks!
[/QUOTE]

xtreme...you building with AMC power?
xtrememotorworks View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xtrememotorworks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2017 at 1:04pm
 Im a big AMC powered fan and will have a turbo 401 in my American one day.....but for now Im going the fast the cheap and easy way, Turbo 5.3......
Xtreme Motorworks

425-222-0030

xmrinc.com

http://www.facebook.com/XtremeMotorworks

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AmcRamblerPerformance/

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic