TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Suspension, Steering, Brakes & Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Parking brake equalizer question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodney Schultz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parking brake equalizer question
    Posted: Jul/31/2016 at 7:35pm
The equalizer bracket for the parking brake cables on a 1978 Gremlin (and I assume all prior years also) has a long side and a short side. Mine had been loose and disconnected for some time. Question is which rear cable goes to which side? As it seemed to fit best, once cables were removed and restored, is with the short side up; connected to the longer right side cable. Correspondingly, the short left cable fit best on the longer side, facing down.

Is this correct? Just because it fits best that way doesn't necessarily make it so...

I am also missing a couple of cotter pins (easily found - size listed in parts manual), along with an equalizer return spring (shown in parts manual although I'm not sure if my application had one), and the metal clips that secure the rear cables to the mount on the frame. I will check the vendors for them, unless one of you can point me to a source.

Thanks, Rodney
'78 Gremlin... The never ending project... But we will succeed!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic