TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain > Eagle and Jeep Specific drive-train issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

998 to T-5 swap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaemonForce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 998 to T-5 swap
    Posted: Jul/30/2016 at 1:07am
I'm having serious problems clearing the floor board with the T-5 and suspected that the engine may have been angled wrong. Now I have the engine partially floating with a lift from above and the front of the transmission supported by a transmission jack. I'm finally able to get one side of the transmission crossmember into place but for whatever reason either an ear on the driver side loading top refuses to clear the floorboard or the transmission mount is too tall. I'm reusing the automatic transmission mount and the crossmember that was used to outfit this car with an automatic.

Do I need to use the manual transmission crossmember or use a different transmission mount?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic