TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

59 Rambler American

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WARBED Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2017 at 9:18pm
Hey Cosworth . First very nice car. But did I miss something and forgive me if I did but when you startet the post your 59 was a coupe then a few pics latter it's a wagon. Is it me or did I miss something?? Ok went back and looked. dang if it's just the angle of the picture. Sorry getting old, Car looks great keap up the good work.

Edited by WARBED - Mar/19/2017 at 8:09am
59 American 2dr S/W. 70 390 AMX. 70 232 javelin. Kelvinator fridge ice cold beer storage.
Ruby loye View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruby loye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2017 at 5:04am
What a sweet little girl! Love the bath tub Americans....
hassyfoto View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassyfoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2017 at 8:50am
Thumbs Up
Murphy's Law:
Any given mechanical job you decide to solve alone will imminently require a third hand, at its most critical moment

cosworth View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2017 at 9:08pm
Haven't been on in awhile, thanks for the kind words. We absolutely love the little car. It is a coupe just the angle of the photo makes it look longer.

I did have a issue pop up my radiator has started weeping from the tanks so I'm looking for a new one. I want one that will bolt up like original look isn't important. Im up for suggestions a time know if the champion listed for the rambler model will work?
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/2017 at 6:07am
The Champion listed for Ramblers should work. You might have to drill the flange to fit, but that should be all. AMC used about the same core size for all their cars form the 50s on, but the flange depth changes between six cylinder and V-8, and between the old (196... it's a bit short, radiator closer to motor) and newer sixes. Easy enough to fix without moving the flange -- spacers to put radiator closer to motor, mount in front of the radiator supports if you need it further forward (and use spacers if necessary). May have to slot or drill holes in flange to match original bolt locations.
Frank Swygert
LakesideRamblin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2019 at 10:15am
Was just curious about this project.  Cosworth, are you all done?  Anymore info and pics?
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic