TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

valve covers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2016 at 8:52am
74Hornet,

I believe I have the same valve covers as you, but they will not clear the fire wall on my 77 hornet hatch. Any tips on clearance?

Also, I see you are in Canada. I'm in Ontario (Ottawa). Can I ask where you are located.

Thanks.
77 Hornet Hatchback 401 four speed.
pfordamx View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfordamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2016 at 4:04pm
74 hornet is right they just use 4 of the factory bolts and a thick billet rail like stick shifters.
74hornet View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2016 at 8:22am
Originally posted by Steeno Steeno wrote:

74Hornet,

I believe I have the same valve covers as you, but they will not clear the fire wall on my 77 hornet hatch. Any tips on clearance?

Also, I see you are in Canada. I'm in Ontario (Ottawa). Can I ask where you are located.

Thanks.
I am from Oshawa,Ontario...the covers on mine hit the fire wall on both sides,the right cover(pass side)hit a factory stamping bump on the fire wall and the left side hit the vertical flange where the fire wall is welded to the master cyl support stamping.i was going to remove the engine and just cut out the bump and reweld it smooth but a friend of mine just bought a tig welder so i ended up just cuting the back of the right cover folding in a little bit and rewelding it and with the cover now on,you cant see the repair.on the left side i just cut back the flange so the cover would fit and i replaced the brake two brake lines that ran across the firewall,i put them under the wiper cowl lip so its a cleaner look.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic