TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Tool Time tool review and eval area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

"best" car cover for jav

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7172AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "best" car cover for jav
    Posted: Jul/09/2016 at 8:37pm
Hey all,
Anyone have a recommendation for a good humpster cover ? Its pretty much a short term [i hope] deal, moving and may have it outside in SC sun till room gets made. Sooo hard to find a house w/decent garages, size wise unless you like being totally isolated. need something that fits well and dont know diddly from brand x,y,z. Fixed mast antenna here.
thanks!
Henry
GoPacKman
71 JavAMX 401 T-10 354TG
72 JavSST 360 727 315TG
98 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4.0 4WD
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2016 at 8:56pm
There is a big range on price so you might want to put down what your budget is. How long is short term? Sun and rain or just sun?
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
PlazinJavelin View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlazinJavelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/10/2016 at 12:23am
I have to store my Javelin outside so the typical breathables don't work for me. I've had 3 different mid-budget brands and they all leave the car damp and dripping under the cover in the hot, muggy, rainy climate. Water gets in the car anywhere there's compromised bodywork or seals. As a fix, I put a thin sheet of plastic over the car then the breathable over that. Things have stayed nice and dry since, but it's a pain dealing with both layers when I have to move them.

This time I'm going to go with one that's specifically waterproof and meant for outdoors.....

AMXTSY View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXTSY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/10/2016 at 8:50am
http://www.covercraft.com/. They have a variety of styles, applications and prices. Had a custom fit cover made six years ago (including extra belly strap in center). High quality products, nice people, no problems. Best investment I ever made. Bruce
Bruce Carothers
Champaign County, Il.
AMO # 9928
6PakBee View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6PakBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/10/2016 at 4:04pm
This is a company I've used for both the Machine and the SC/Rambler.  IMHO a good compromise between cost and performance.

https://www.coverking.com/moderate-weather-coverbond4-for-1970-american-motors-rebel-machine.html
Roger Gazur
1969 'B' Scheme SC/Rambler
1970 RWB 4-spd Machine
1970 Sonic Silver auto AMX

All project cars.

Forum Cockroach
bikerfox View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikerfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/10/2016 at 5:12pm
I use a cover from this company for indoors:  http://www.calcarcover.com/

They may be more expensive than most, but the quality is high, IMO.  Probably
have outdoor covers as well.
1969 Rebel SST (1970-1987)
1968 AMX (2005-2011)
1969 SC/Rambler (2011-2019)
1970 Javelin (2019 to ?)"Jane"
Aadams90 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aadams90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2019 at 8:36pm
I have a cal cover on a few of my cars little more expensive depending what u get but very well worth it
1970 amx, 1970 mark donohue javelin, 1932 ford Vicky, 1933 Plymouth coupe, 1934 Plymouth roadster
Looking for 70 amx number A0m397x102150
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic