TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

SOCALAMC Show, El Segundo, Ca. 9-10-2016 - Event Date: Sep/09/2016 - Sep/10/2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE MENACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2016 at 2:10pm
I have dropped of car show flyers to several auto parts stores in the area (that would let me) in hopes to get more spectator traffic at the show this year. I hope others are doing the same if you are able.

Reminder: There will be free Edelbrock and Russell performance catalogs at the show for anyone interested! And there will also be some Edelbrock coloring/activity books for the younger, future gear heads of So. CA.

Thanks
     Dennis
Former Owner of:
The Craig Breedlove "AERO AMX"

Still Owner:
SS/AMX #9 replica (THE BIG MENACE)
70 AMX 416, EFI, Nash 5 speed   
70 Javelin 401, 727 (Wife's)
72 Gremlin Autocross Project.
bikerfox View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikerfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2016 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by THE MENACE THE MENACE wrote:

I have dropped of car show flyers to several auto parts stores in the area (that would let me) in hopes to get more spectator traffic at the show this year. I hope others are doing the same if you are able.

Reminder: There will be free Edelbrock and Russell performance catalogs at the show for anyone interested! And there will also be some Edelbrock coloring/activity books for the younger, future gear heads of So. CA.

Thanks
     Dennis

Great ideas, Dennis, to promote AMC out there.

What about some free Wink Edelbrock cross ram manifolds?
I bet you'd get most of the Socal "lurkers" out to the show.

Edited by bikerfox - Sep/06/2016 at 5:53pm
1969 Rebel SST (1970-1987)
1968 AMX (2005-2011)
1969 SC/Rambler (2011-2019)
1970 Javelin (2019 to ?)"Jane"
THE MENACE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE MENACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2016 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by bikerfox bikerfox wrote:

Thanks
     Dennis

Ha ha ha, big Mike at Patriot Racing has all of those! Maybe Galvins will bring one out for display since they are also selling the reproduction STR11 Crossram.

I can bring out an original (NOS) Crossram if anyone would like to take it home for a modest $2,500.00 cash!!      

Hey wait, maybe I should just bring my truck loaded up with all the AMC parts I have to sell instead of bringing my AMX. That has got to easier than selling stuff on the forum!!!!!!! Anyone who sells parts here know what I'm talking about! LOL !!   

Dennis
Former Owner of:
The Craig Breedlove "AERO AMX"

Still Owner:
SS/AMX #9 replica (THE BIG MENACE)
70 AMX 416, EFI, Nash 5 speed   
70 Javelin 401, 727 (Wife's)
72 Gremlin Autocross Project.
bikerfox View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikerfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2016 at 6:45pm

Originally posted by bikerfox bikerfox wrote:

Thanks
     Dennis

Hey wait, maybe I should just bring my truck loaded up with all the AMC parts I have to sell instead of bringing my AMX. That has got to easier than selling stuff on the forum!!!!!!! Anyone who sells parts here know what I'm talking about! LOL !!   

Dennis
1968 AMX (2005-2011)
bikerfox View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikerfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2016 at 6:46pm

Dennis

Wonderful idea! Beer Please do so!
1968 AMX (2005-2011)
GnipGnop4 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GnipGnop4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/07/2016 at 7:58pm
Dennis, had planned on being there but a close friend needs help celebrating his birthday in Vegas.

...I now hate Birthdays even more!!!
70YCODE View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70YCODE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2016 at 6:54pm
John S. got his parts today, so Allen and he are putting his AMX back together tonight so we can all Cruise up together !
My 70
John's 69
Allen's 68
So we will be there !
And I just talked to John Calley, He will be there as well ! Probably show up with Steve and his SC

AMC Baby !

Randy

C U tomorrow !
1970 AMX 401 5-Speed
Gone is the "Machine"
Red20 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2016 at 1:54am
I was meaning to comment about the show. I didn't make the beach BBQ, the day prior but my youngest son and I made it out on Saturday in the Screamin Banana to hang out and enjoy the sexy cars. I got to see Dennis's AMX and those ProCar seats I want for my car that he cleverly and quite simply installed into the AMX. Dennis's wife won best of show in the red Javelin! And my boy got one of those sweet Edelbrock coloring books. He's a Chip Foose level designer with crayons now.

The highlight was the cruise home back down the I-5 with Steve in the SC, Randy in the BBG AMX, and another guy whose name I forget. My hood wasn't latched all the way and nearly blew open getting onto the freeway, so I had to pull over and got stuck in heavy traffic well behind them for a while. Nothing a hard run once the traffic cleared couldn't cure. My '69 is ugly but she'll run. Once I caught back up, it was a real pleasure cruising down the highway with those guys. Steve let the 390 breath at one point which was a pretty nice sight. It may be all original on the outside, but someone better check that build sheet. (Tim told me what all he put in that thing, Steve ).
1969 Javelin SST "Screamin' Banana" - Totaled Feb 2018
1973 Hornet Sportabout X "yellajack" - 360/727/TracLoc DAILY DRIVER
bikerfox View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikerfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2016 at 9:50am
I have no idea what you're talking about, Josh.  It's a stock motor and don't know 
what Tim was smoking when he talked with you. Wink

On the other hand, good to see you and your son!  Here comes Vegas!
1968 AMX (2005-2011)
70YCODE View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70YCODE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2016 at 12:27pm
I have a few pix from the show on my site below !

http://westcoastamc.com/pastevents.php?id=227

Edited by 70YCODE - Sep/26/2016 at 12:30pm
1970 AMX 401 5-Speed
Gone is the "Machine"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic