TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > Dealerships - Nash, Hudson, Rambler, AMC, Jeep
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Where did my car come from?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pop Tro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2021 at 9:08am
  I dont like letting on,but I'm from south jersey also.If I can help you with areas or locations just ask.
 Was looking under those dealer listings yesterday.I got one for south jersey not listed.In 70's it was Eggie Rambler, White Horse Pike,Oaklyn N.J.
   I was at a car show couple weeks ago with my 60 super and parked across from old dealer building with the round walls. An old dude tells me it was an AMC dealer and he was the service manager.I'm now looking for info on it.When I finally get my required posts I'll attempt pics so I can sell the super.I've done so much reading lately,makes me wanna keep it. Mine came from Bowman +Sons,York P.A.

Tro
amc-rookie View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amc-rookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/19/2021 at 3:50pm
Pop Tro,
Thanks for the offer. I guess I'm wondering what the likelyhood of a car I got in south NJ in 2009, with a tile issued in 2005, was moved great distances during it's life.
Maybe some other forum members have experience with this.

Otherwise, I'd guess it oroginated somewhere in SNJ/Eastern PA area.
Stay tuned, I suppose.

Dave
Project finally underway $$$! near-basket case 1968 AMX #2789 was 290/auto will be 343/auto

Son's car 1968 Javelin 6cyl/3 speed
davec1957 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davec1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2021 at 7:59am
Dave,
I found eight American Motors dealerships in New Jersey from an old Sunday newspaper (Courier Post) advertisement. This won't tell you which one it was, but it narrows the choices down a little bit!
Regards,
Dave
P.S. You'll need to save this image and enlarge it to see the dealerships named at the bottom.

Edited by davec1957 - Nov/22/2021 at 6:51am
1970 AMX Bayshore Blue 390 4-spd GoPac
1970 AMX Commodore Blue 390 4-spd GoPac
MIPS View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/23/2021 at 9:50pm
What about if it's a Canadian dealership?

My build order indicates the dealer was 3762 but because this is Canada the State field is blank so all I can guess is the car was bought and lived its life in British Columbia.
amc-rookie View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amc-rookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/24/2021 at 7:08am
Interesting point. I don't have a build sheet, unfortunately, I didn't strip my car, and got it as a blasted shell, in pieces, with no seats.
Project finally underway $$$! near-basket case 1968 AMX #2789 was 290/auto will be 343/auto

Son's car 1968 Javelin 6cyl/3 speed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic