TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Electrical - non engine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Instrument Cluster Voltage Regulator Testing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chippewa26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2017 at 7:25pm
304-dude, I am having the same issue on my 1964 660 classic. I was wondering if you by chance still have that pillow shaped connector for the 2 pin connector next to the main harness for the instrument cluster? I would be interested in it!! This had me stumped for 4 days!! Until I fpund this post!! You guys are awesome!! A little story about this car, this 1964 has been in a barn for the last 30 yrs in a town 2 hours from me in Wisconsin! I was after this for 7yrs! Was my father in laws neighbor who was in her 80's, she wouldn't let it go because sentimental value as it was her husbands car. My father in law died 2 yrs ago from cancer, and about 3 weeks after she passed. Her daughter ended up selling the car to me shortly after. This car is all original with 25,000 original miles! After bringing her home I changed points and condensor, poured a little gas down the throat, she fired right up!! Now, 2yrs later she is almost ready to hit the open road!! Except for coolant and fuel guages inop! This car is being done in memory of my father in law and his neighbor!! Let me know, if you still have it or where I may find one!! Thanks much in advance!!
304-dude View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 304-dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2017 at 7:44pm
Hi, I got your PM... i have one. Will PM back with info.
71 Javelin SST body
390 69 crank, 70 block & heads
NASCAR SB2 rods & pistons
78 Jeep TH400 w/ 2.76 Low
50/50 Ford-AMC Suspension
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
Ford Racing 3.25 gears & 9" /w Detroit locker
chippewa26 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chippewa26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2017 at 7:48pm
Awesome!! You are a lifesaver!! Lol thanks!!
jlswaggers View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlswaggers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/14/2017 at 3:34pm
I went thru same problem on my 68 rebel.  if you have cluster out, check power at orange wire that comes from fuse panel.  on mine orange power wire had come off pin on  cluster, so no power to ivr.  I am not sure the orange wire is power for all clusters. had to have cluster out but still had wires hooked up.  on mine power wire is on bottom of pin clusters so you have a hard time seeing it from top
68 rebel sst
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic