TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain > Eagle and Jeep Specific drive-train issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1967 american clutch issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401rumbler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1967 american clutch issues
    Posted: Jun/07/2016 at 5:59pm
Good afternoon, I have a few questions regarding the clutch in my 1967 american. My car is a 343 T-10 car. I was having problems with the throw out bearing so I decided to remove the trans and do some investigating. Upon removal it is very evident that the throw out bearing was toast. I knew that the previous owner put in an ACT aftermarket clutch. However after looking into it I found that it is a stage 3 rigid disc race only clutch. This explains why the throw out bearing is toast and why my car likes to chatter if you try to leave a street light easy. I am considering selling this clutch to someone that actually needs it. I looked around my garage and found two used chevy Borg and beck style pressure plates. My question is they measure the same bolt pattern and height as my ACT clutch so can I use one of these and just purchase a new clutch disc? I am also curious which T-10 I have. It reads T-10P and has three grooves on the input shaft. This is the original trans to the car. I am curious because while it is out I would like to overhaul it if possible. Thanks for your time, Justin
1967 Rambler 343 T-10
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic