TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

4 Seasons Rambler Regional, Windsor CT - Event Date: Jul/29/2016 - Jul/30/2016

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambler65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 4 Seasons Rambler Regional, Windsor CT
    Posted: May/06/2016 at 10:57pm
July 29-30, 2016 - 18th Annual Rambler Regional  in Windsor CT. Show for all AMC, Nash, Hudson, Rambler and 1946 - 1987. Friday is Cruise for Dinner and outdoor movie, Saturday is Show, Swap Meet and Banquet. Windsor CT Marriott. Contact Brian Yacino, 860-923-0485 or Rambler63@aol.com. Vehicle registration is $15, parts vending is free, and there is never an extra charge for putting a “For Sale” sign on your entry.  Visit their web site for more details.

more details.
Rambler65 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambler65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2016 at 7:12am
Hi,

Just a quick update regarding our 2016 Rambler Regional -- less than 2 weeks away!  I know that some of you have other plans, but I'll keep you on the list for next year ...

Classes A and B (Americans) have been combined into class AB.  Classes R and S have been combined into class RS (AMC Jeep & Eagle).  We have classes for AMC custom and Rambler custom now.  I wish we had a better way to handle the mag-wheeled and custom-powered vehicles while still allowing Peer Judging to work.  Any ideas?

We have 42 cars registered so far.  The list includes 3 Hudsons and a Nash from 1951-57, plus a 1957 Rambler Rebel.  Besides that, we have a Nash Healey, and 3 Metropolitans signed up.

We still need at least 7 more for the banquet to allow us to meet our commitment without penalty.  I see that quite a few of you have booked motel rooms but have not registered for the show or the banquet.  I'd like to hear from you.

We'll need a headcount for the picnic Friday, the 29th.  We don't need it now, but be sure to ask about it that afternoon.

For Saturday, Carl has procured the same "hot dog lady" as last year.  She was a hit.  In addition, Brad & Sandy have a Carvel truck coming in sometime during the day.  They promise that this one will actually show up.  Tony reports that we have 11 vendors committed, a few "maybes", plus the other last-minute setups that we always get.  Tell your friends.

Shirts are tan, as requested at the June cookout.

We're still looking for good items for the raffles and for the banquet auction.  One of our auction items is an old Rambler bicycle that the Pattersons found in PA.  Unfortunately, it's not a Jeffrey Rambler, but it is a Columbia Rambler.  We're working on a banquet activity also - it should be fun!

See you soon,
Brian
Rambler65 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambler65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2016 at 7:27am
Hi,

We're still on for our cruise followed by a picnic on Friday.  I heard through the grapevine that we will be having an outdoor movie Friday night.  I also have a conference room booked as a backup in case of rain or bug attacks.

Since my reminder messages have spurred a few more room reservations, the Windsor sales staff has deferred the expiration of the room block, so you have another day to book a room (until the end of Friday).
Remember, it's a $249 room for $97 -- what a deal!

The Lenharth family and Nash club are supplying 100 goody bags.  If you have anything that you'd like to stuff into them, contact Bill Lenharth or bring the items on Friday.

Our vendor count is increasing -- I think we have 13 now, plus those stragglers that always show up the day of the show.

We have 45 cars registered, so there's still hope for a 100-car show.

Only 67 have reserved for the banquet.  If you intend on attending the banquet, please let me know now.  Our room is set up for 100, and we haven't met our minimum yet.

Oh, and I forgot -- DJs Brad & Will are planning for a hula hoop contest for the kids during the show on Saturday.  That should be fun, no?

Later,
Brian
fireball327 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fireball327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2016 at 4:23pm
If you did not go to Rockford and have not been to the 4 seasons show you should come ! Brian always puts on a good time!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic