TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Suspension, Steering, Brakes & Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Bendix disc brake issues still

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70amcpwr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/13/2016 at 5:31pm
A bit of an update.

After dealing with a crap/wrong booster from Cardone, then a new master that I had to disassemble because it had crud in it, it still wasn't right. Got looking at it and realized there's no spacers (5/8")  between the booster and the booster bracket. Because of this the booster actuator rod was being held in when the two were bolted together from pushing on the firewall. Had some spacers from a used booster and installed. Now with the combo of master and booster, adjusting the rod a little less than 1", I think it may work, raining today so couldn't  road test.
70amcpwr You just can't fix stupid.
SOLD 1970 BBO Javelin, wifes 73 AMX 360 4spd. Next project 1969 AMX
ramblinrev View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/13/2016 at 8:12pm
Good troubleshooting! (Just wished it hadn't caused you that much trouble!) Good luck with the road test!

74 Hornet Hatchback X twins (since 1977)
62 American Convertible (still worth the $50 I spent in 1973!) AMCRC #513, AMO #384
70 AMX 360 4-speed (since 1981)
target View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote target Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/13/2016 at 8:30pm
As to the tool Ross sells I have one and it is great. Just like the one in the service manual. Thanks Ross!
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/14/2016 at 2:16am
I also forgot to put the spacers in mine initially when I restored my car, but fortunately caught it before I got too far along. Created some extra work for myself though.   
maximus7001 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maximus7001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/14/2016 at 4:56am
Originally posted by 70amcpwr 70amcpwr wrote:

A bit of an update.

After dealing with a crap/wrong booster from Cardone, then a new master that I had to disassemble because it had crud in it, it still wasn't right. Got looking at it and realized there's no spacers (5/8")  between the booster and the booster bracket. Because of this the booster actuator rod was being held in when the two were bolted together from pushing on the firewall. Had some spacers from a used booster and installed. Now with the combo of master and booster, adjusting the rod a little less than 1", I think it may work, raining today so couldn't  road test.

Good to hear you got this sorted out.
1968 Javelin SST

1997 GMC Safari AWD

2001 Daewoo Nubira SX (Winnipeg only model)

1997 Honda Accord EX (Canadian Model)

Winnipeg, home of the Jets.
70amcpwr View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70amcpwr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2016 at 6:18pm
Road tested good. On to next issue.
70amcpwr You just can't fix stupid.
SOLD 1970 BBO Javelin, wifes 73 AMX 360 4spd. Next project 1969 AMX
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic