TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Car Haulers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomslik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2016 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by amxdreamer amxdreamer wrote:

So then maybe that should be something to look into also. If you're looking at shorter trailers get one with the wheels further back to ensure you always have some load on the hitch.

Hurst, thanks but it's the most basic trailer that has scratches and bruises from use. It's a box for the car to protect it, nothing more :)

I do like my stickers though :P

I like yer stickerstoo!
where'd ya get 'em?

67 american 290/4speed
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2016 at 12:04am
I had them made at a local sign shop to replicate the dealership signs.
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
401amx1969 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401amx1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2016 at 2:59am
Here is mine.

--------------------2015--------------------

--------------------2014--------------------

Edited by 401amx1969 - Apr/16/2016 at 2:31pm
69 AMX Supercharged
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2016 at 1:05pm

That's a nice looking setup!

Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
dbomb View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2016 at 11:09pm
Paint the roof white or silver pretty much no matter where ya live   Don't build a stand up deck on roof unless trailer walls are designed for it    I have a 20 footer now but had a 28 footer for a few years we were drag racing bikes and motocross and enduros and stuff if I carefully packed the 28 footer I could pull it with a 86 bronco I had.   Sometimes the 28 liked to push the bronco in turns but wasn't too bad. On some weekends we raced dirt modifieds and we like to stand on the roof and at the mx track as well   Even if you have a car in it. Lock the hitch up and. Lock your tongue jack either up or down. I know some folks that got their complete race setups stolen   One group has the hauler and the trailer stolen another had the trailer stolen. They just jacked it up off the truck rolled it back and took off with the trailer bikes gear tools parts everything    Make sure you're insured for what's in the trailer not just the trailer.   Get a trans cooler in line after the stock radiator cooler. If you're using a Tahoe sometimes you can get a deeper trans pan holds like 3 extra quarts atf   I tow with a Tahoe with a 4.8 ls motor 20 ft. But heavy steel framed tall square trailer it's like a brick on the wind but the little 4.8 pulls ok
rebuiling 73 amx need parts
SG128 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SG128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2016 at 2:50pm
24' minimum (w/ torsion axles)for resale value too.
-Don
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic