TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Lakewood bellhousing for ford tranny?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocketman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lakewood bellhousing for ford tranny?
    Posted: Apr/11/2016 at 6:33am
Hello, i'm trying to figure out what exactly i bought when i had gotten this lakewood bellhousing. I was told it was for the gm pattern, and i didnt think to look close enough to confirm. I think its for a ford t5 but i cant figure out the second set of holes. Was this ever a production bellhousing? I think the second set is for a toploader but I dont have any experience with ford trannys. I'll try to get some pictures up when i get off work.
Ken_Parkman View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken_Parkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2016 at 6:54am
There was a short lakewood with the Ford pattern, quite old and rare. Think it was sold for Jeeps, not really sure. I ran across one years ago - no one really knew what it was for. Used it to put a Ford Style TKO in the Rambler.
Rocketman View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocketman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2016 at 4:52pm
http://imgur.com/uBYEI5K
http://imgur.com/vN7UNqx
">
Heres the photos of it, it has a depth of roughly 6 3/8.
jeremy0711 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremy0711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2016 at 9:49am
It looks like the short ford version that I have also. Yours is black and mine is red. Red is drag certified and black isn't, I believe.
Ken_Parkman View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken_Parkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2016 at 4:31pm
Yep - looks the same. And you have the full block plate that NHRA wants - very cool! A very good setup - but be sure to check the alignment.
Rocketman View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocketman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2016 at 6:24am
Well aside from having gm trannies on the shelf this is good to know, guess its time to save up for either a tremec or maybe a toploader depending on my budget
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic