TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Jeeps and Eagle 4x4 fun.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

XJ ball joints?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raysinvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XJ ball joints?
    Posted: Mar/01/2016 at 9:28am
Has anybody got experience with the poly ball joints? Ride quality? My xj zlready rides hard, I don't want to make it worse!
Andy Ray
64 440H
64 440 Convertible
68 Javelin SST 343
69 Javelin SST 343
69 SC/Rambler
hassyfoto View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassyfoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2016 at 5:17am
Only the typical issues associated with poly.
Softer the bushing the quieter and smoother the ride. The harder the bushing, more noise, a better feel and less deflection of the ride. I have installed poly and turned around a removed them based on high noise level or I did not like the feel of the ride. 
Everyone is different. The application of the ride will make a difference. On my old cars, noise can be an issue. For my Comanche and off road, noise is not a high consideration. 
Murphy's Law:
Any given mechanical job you decide to solve alone will imminently require a third hand, at its most critical moment

raysinvegas View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raysinvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/02/2016 at 8:02am
This '99 Cherokee is my daily, with a lot of road time. My biggest fault is the ride. I wasn't sure if the ball joints would impact it. Looks like I'm going with rubber! Wink
Andy Ray
64 440H
64 440 Convertible
68 Javelin SST 343
69 Javelin SST 343
69 SC/Rambler
Crawdad View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crawdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2020 at 5:57pm
Ball joints normally don't change the ride quality 
Rubber bushings in the arms traded out for the poly the ride wasn't affected much !changed out the hard heavy duty shocks sure made a believer of me I bought the adjustable rancheros once I figured out the settings for front and back you didn't need the mouthguards anymore 92 xj with bumpers an 4.0 auto  slowly upgrading the pieces as I replace or repair it 
I've had very good service with quadratech ordering parts  along with rock auto parts   
The best adventures can be the worst experiences remembered later on Big smileCool
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic