TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

2016 AMC Nationals/NAMDRA/Cordova - Event Date: Sep/08/2016 - Sep/10/2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcjock1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2016 at 8:35pm
Here are some more sponsors for the 38TH. AMC NATIONALS: Jennifer Tessmann - Over150 items!!!>>> Larry & Patricia Lahr - $50...Bob Hodson - $40>>>Waldo & Lisa Riesterer - Burgers & Steaks for te picnic>>>Pete Olson - $100>>>Gary Timmerman - $35>>>David Hrubecky - Bags of barbecue charcoal & Sonny McMullin - $100 for the "Quick-Eight" bracket, A big, big thank youn to all of you sponsors!!
amcjock1 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcjock1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2016 at 8:59pm
Just got another sponsor for the meet {has already given cash) and that is Larry Lahr who will be bringing 150 individual packages o assorted chips, brownies & a large tray of assorted cookies. Thanks, Larry!!

billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2016 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by 71SC360 71SC360 wrote:

Good chance I'll be there again this year. Not sure if I'll be hauling a trailer full of parts or just bringing the wagon full yet...

Oh bring it all along, what the heck.
But do make sure the starter cable is solid......... just in case you decide to make any side-trips.

Knowing that I have made this every year since 2005 even when a hurricane to the south made the whole weekend soggy and rainy, I figured I'd go ahead and after last year get the hotel room reserved. I'm sure I did - I can recall talking to them, but when I check into things, nope, no room reservation.
So............ looking for a floor and place to stash stuff and will pay my part.
I'll keep digging as if I do find confirmation emails or whatever, I may still contact 'em again, but at this point, looks like some communication issues prevailed as there's no record of having told them I wanted a room for this year. (that or I dreamed it all - I know I did that the year before as it was all set about a year in advance)

Not sure what to bring for a car - I can only trailer one at a time - if I bring the SX4 I'd drive it and it would pull a trailer,
if I bring the 70 Javelin, I'd trailer it there to save road-wear and tires - and GAS (the truck gets far better mileage pulling the trailer with a car than that Javelin gets alone) It's certainly not show ready and there's no time to make it so.

Or, do I bring the 73 for kicks?
There's no way it would be in the show - it's a disaster inside and out, but it's a fun car to drive around. If I brought it I'd have to trailer it - I can't afford 8 mpg.
That's assuming I can get it up onto my trailer and off again with the pipes only 1" from the ground and the touchy throttle may launch the car clean OVER the trailer once I get past the convert's stall speed. When they say "launch" I know where that term comes from with this car...... it's ready for break-away speed if you don't baby the throttle - which is hard to push until it gets over center then it GOES quickly.
amcjock1 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcjock1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2016 at 2:47pm
Bring whatever you can and have fun!!
71SC360 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71SC360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2016 at 5:27am
Thought I was going alone this year. Looks like Sidewinder and I will be back again. Got the trailer loaded with all kinds of crap (err, I mean parts).

Oldamcer (AKA Eric W.) will you be there? I've got 2 sets of backing plates with me...

Rebel Machine View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2016 at 8:12pm
Gonna load up tomorrow eve or Sat. morning. Hope the rain stays away.

-Steve-
71SC360 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71SC360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2016 at 10:00pm
Looks like Friday & Saturday are both going to be rain free..
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2016 at 11:33pm
Going by the latest forecast for Iowa, the rain predicted for our area moves to IL about middle of the night Friday night. Both days appear to be ok in that area. We are supposed to get rain tomorrow off and on, and in the afternoon and it moves to the east from here, but hits the river area in the wee hours - even the best parties should be wrapping up before it gets wet - if it does...... because they stop with the details as soon as the weather hits the river. 
I expect it should be fine.
I plan on leaving here by am - unless my wife is right, and she usually is, and I can't get myself in gear that quickly.... and judging by it being not far from midnight here right now, my bet is she's right again. I never argue with her as she's truly always right. As she says, it took a few years but she's finally got me trained. 
oldamcer View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldamcer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2016 at 3:33pm
     Joe, Not going to make it this year.  If you want to stop on the way back,I will get those plates. Exits are real close.  Eric
40 HudsonCoupe 304/904
33 Essex 315/904
47 Hudson 360/727/TorqueStorm

69 AmboWagon"The Flower Car"

50 StudeGasser360/T-400
74 HornetHatch 304/727
55 Hudson360/904

�
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic