TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior > HVAC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Weather Eye Clear Plastic lens overlay.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weather Eye Clear Plastic lens overlay.
    Posted: Dec/29/2015 at 9:27am
A couple of weeks ago, in the morning, I ordered a bunch of detail items, turn signal lens gauge decals, clutch z bar bushings and other things from AMARK AMX/Javelin Parts in Florida. I ordered on line. Because I had not talked with Mark at any time, I called him and put a message on his voice messaging system after I had made the order. Mid afternoon Mark returned my call. We talked briefly and I really appreciated his straight forward response to anything I asked or said.

Now the good part, and I hope some others of us will call Mark and request this also.

I asked about the A/C Weather Eye Clear Plastic lens that covers the weather eye control module on the lower drivers side of the dash of the 68 to 70 AMX and Javelins. He mentioned he had been thinking of making these and was working on it. I re-enforced his idea and said I was interested in purchasing one when he had them in stock.

Please call or email Mark and let him know you need one also.

Armand

Edited by White70JavelinSST - Dec/29/2015 at 9:30am
70 Javelin SST, second owner, purchased 1972
304-dude View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 304-dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/29/2015 at 10:50am
It would be nice as well to make some for 71 to 74 cars as well. For some odd reason the raised borders along the slots crack and break off. I end up repairing with clear plasic bond and carefully shaping the borders back into shape.
71 Javelin SST body
390 69 crank, 70 block & heads
NASCAR SB2 rods & pistons
78 Jeep TH400 w/ 2.76 Low
50/50 Ford-AMC Suspension
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
Ford Racing 3.25 gears & 9" /w Detroit locker
george w View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/29/2015 at 9:03pm
I would buy one for the 68 to 70 models to support the cause, but I suspect that there would not be much demand. There's the non a/c and the a/c version. There may even be a third for the Command Air versions ?
Long time AMC fan. Ambassador 343, AMX 390, Hornet 360, Spirit 304 and Javelin 390. All but javelin bought new.
DoughertyAMX View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoughertyAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2016 at 7:38am
I would certainly buy an AC version if he were to make these available!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic