TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Suspension, Steering, Brakes & Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Caliper and hose help needed for..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenoshakicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Caliper and hose help needed for..
    Posted: Nov/27/2015 at 9:03pm
...my 1973 Javelin with factory front discs. I am looking at Rockauto.com's parts.  I called them to see if I chose the right parts but they were not helpful at all. I have had trouble with online orders of items lately and I do not want this to be a problem. Here are the items I think are for my car.  All of these parts show up for a Javelin when you click on the part number. 

Calipers....Raybestos #FRC4029

Hoses...Raybestos #BH36641

Pads...Raybestos #PGD39M

Has anyone ordered and used these parts on there Javelin?  How did they fit?  Thanks for your help.
scott View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2015 at 8:16am
There should be 2 caliper #'s, one for left, another for right side.

You may want to check with an AMC only vendor such as Kennedy American for the parts. They will know & sell what will fit your Javelin. Plus, a quick check shows their brake pads are $8.00 less.
sweatlock View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2015 at 8:50am
Originally posted by scott scott wrote:

There should be 2 caliper #'s, one for left, another for right side.

You may want to check with an AMC only vendor such as Kennedy American for the parts. They will know & sell what will fit your Javelin. Plus, a quick check shows their brake pads are $8.00 less.

X2

I've had hit-or-miss results with Rock Auto - I've had to send several items back because they were incorrect and, while you will get a refund, they will take out the S/H fees. That's in addition to whatever it cost you to ship it back. There's no 'appeal' process with them if they list an item or it's application incorrectly. I also don't like how their shipping is set up - they base the shipping costs on where the item is shipping from. So if you're ordering multiple items, you'll either pay an exorbitant amount for items coming from different locations OR you'll end up getting your 2nd or 3rd choice in manufacturers just to get them coming from the same location to save some shipping fees.

For ordinary stuff I now go to a local Advance Auto Parts to buy things - they offer 20% off if you pre-order through their website and then go pick it up. For more specialized items, as mentioned you're better off going to one of the AMC vendors - it will fit right first time with no "make the sh!t fit."
6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2015 at 11:23pm
One side is FRC 4030 and the other side is FRC 4029. I bought them at Amazon last year but they are currently out of stock. You did not mention rotors, but you can get the proper rotors, Raybestos 3500R, at Amazon currently for $86.73 with free shipping. I paid a little more than that a year ago and I thought I got a heck of a deal. If you might need them, you will likely never find them for any less.
Amazon has the pads, ACDelco 17D39M, for $27.45.

Edited by 6768rogues - Nov/28/2015 at 11:29pm
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic