TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Donut gaskets for shorty headers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toolmanxiii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2015 at 7:59pm
https://theflangeman.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=FX317
71 360 Hornet sst 83 2wd 360/727 Eagle wagon (crashed)
ghinmi View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ghinmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2015 at 8:18pm
I found 4 of them, two big and two small.  PM me your address and they'll be in the mail.
1975 Cherokee S - Turbo Hemi stick shift autocross/drag race/street 9.97 @ 140.4
THE MENACE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE MENACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2015 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by fmahannah fmahannah wrote:

I am trying to find the correct size donut gaskets to use for the edelbrock shorty headers on a 304. It looks like Edelbrock stopped making the gaskets when they stopped making the headers so now I need to find another gasket that will work correctly and I am not sure of the correct dimensions (inner diameter, outer diameter, thickness)?

I thought I was lucky to finally find a set of these headers but now I am not so sure Wink

Thanks

FYI
Edelbrock never made the gaskets or donut seals for the shorty headers! The "donut" gasket seals were made by Rol!!

Since the Edelbrock shorty headers were designed as a direct replacement for some Jeep and AMC applications with "free Flow" manifolds the right side header was designed to use the OE heat riser valve (with the conical seal made onto the valve) and the flat gasket between the header and heat riser (like stock). The left header uses the replacable conical seal (donut) gasket.   

The Rol part number for the donut seal that was used for the Edelbrock Shorty headers is #EG24841

You can also use GM part number #15522434.

I have never tried this one, but FelPro #60718 is supposed to crossover from the GM number, but like I said, I never tried that one.

The Pertronics Shorty headers also use the same conical seal (donut) gaskets as the Edelbrock Shorty headers.

Dennis
Former Owner of:
The Craig Breedlove "AERO AMX"

Still Owner:
SS/AMX #9 replica (THE BIG MENACE)
70 AMX 416, EFI, Nash 5 speed   
70 Javelin 401, 727 (Wife's car)
72 Gremlin Autocross Project.
fmahannah View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmahannah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/03/2015 at 8:04am
Thanks for all the input guys! 
74 Javelin AKA Ghost
Diamatron View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diamatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2023 at 1:35pm
I know this is a super old thread. I bought the non egr headers and my shop could not get the donuts to seal properly 20 years ago so I have to paste that sealant up there every so often.  

The eg24841 donut on the fel pro website gives 60589. Though I’ve seen seen stock photos of the 60718 fel pro on the same bag as the eg24841.   The 60718 specs show it being slightly larger, so maybe it would work better since the supplied gasket didn’t seal 20 years ago.  

I’m not sure which to order.  I am planning on going to a different shop next week and would love to have the correct gasket.   
bikerfox View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikerfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2023 at 12:08am
Originally posted by Diamatron Diamatron wrote:

I know this is a super old thread. I bought the non egr headers and my shop could not get the donuts to seal properly 20 years ago so I have to paste that sealant up there every so often.  

The eg24841 donut on the fel pro website gives 60589. Though I’ve seen seen stock photos of the 60718 fel pro on the same bag as the eg24841.   The 60718 specs show it being slightly larger, so maybe it would work better since the supplied gasket didn’t seal 20 years ago.  

I’m not sure which to order.  I am planning on going to a different shop next week and would love to have the correct gasket.   

remflex gaskets are great to use on shorty headers...have some installed on my engine pipes.  i don't remember exactly which one was used...since the pipes are 2.5 in. it was probably the 6005 or 8020. i can take a look at my receipts...it'll probably be there.
1969 Rebel SST (1970-1987)
1968 AMX (2005-2011)
1969 SC/Rambler (2011-2019)
1970 Javelin (2019 to ?)"Jane"
Diamatron View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diamatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2023 at 7:51pm
I’ve never heard of these reflex gaskets.  They replace the donut?  Thanks for looking into this for me.  I sure wish I had this much access to information when I built my Jeep up in the 90’s!!
sweatlock View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2023 at 8:07pm
bikerfox View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikerfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2023 at 12:09am
Originally posted by sweatlock sweatlock wrote:

https://a.co/d/j2cF4Mi

i checked my amazon acct. and purchased the 8020s
for the shorty headers, like sweatlock hinted above.

1969 Rebel SST (1970-1987)
1968 AMX (2005-2011)
1969 SC/Rambler (2011-2019)
1970 Javelin (2019 to ?)"Jane"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic